ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Newb sub help SW118V vs T18?  (Read 9992 times)

Jason Baillif

• http://www.hooligangraphics.com
Re: Newb sub help SW118V vs T18?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 12:36:19 AM »

Thanks for all the replies...  The Yamahas are no longer available.  They were for sale and I was offered to try them at a show, but the gig was cancelled, so I just told the guy to let them go...  I will be trying out the EV's this weekend.  I used the Peaveys in the same room with the same set up a few weeks ago, and I'll have the peaveys with me just in case...  I'll update next week.. 
I'm still learning...

Jason Baillif

• http://www.hooligangraphics.com
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

ok.. so I didn't use the EV's, I had an opportunity to use something a bit better...  It was one of Tom Baker, of Delaware's Sound Machine Inc, rigs....  Yorkville u15tops and UCS1 bottoms, 3 xti2000's and an all digital set up run from my laptop, wirelessly. 

So I don't get off topic, the the yorkies made my old school Peaveys sound like toys.  I'll be saving for a new rig now. Thanks for those that commented and offered opinions...  It's time for me to step it up..

Jason
I'm still learning...

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

Jason,
 I have used a pair of the T 18's for the smaller gigs like you mention as well as up to 1000 person shows and I always had at least 2x more in the truck but never needed more then the pair and I doubt you would need any more low end then a pair of t18's will provide without over "subbing" your tops.
 I do reccomend installing EVX180 drivers as they will make a huge difference and you can resell the old ev drivers that are in them to help cover the upgrade expense.
 I am an hour and a half from you in PA, if you want to come hear my T18's w/evx180's you are more then welcome.
 I also have a few peaveys like yours if you want to compare.
   Marc
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »

I do reccomend installing EVX180 drivers as they will make a huge difference and you can resell the old ev drivers that are in them to help cover the upgrade expense.

That's like dropping an LS9 crate motor into a yugo. You COULD, but why in the hell would you want to? Those same EVX180's in a homebuilt sub (plans provided by EV) would stomp the daylights out of the same driver in the T18 cabinet.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:28 AM »

That's like dropping an LS9 crate motor into a yugo. You COULD, but why in the hell would you want to? Those same EVX180's in a homebuilt sub (plans provided by EV) would stomp the daylights out of the same driver in the T18 cabinet.
Where are these plans?
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:28 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.