ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanyo Projector Problems  (Read 17162 times)

Jacob Robinson

Sanyo Projector Problems
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »

I am having some difficulties from our Sanyo PLC_XU73.  Our church does not use our projector extensively and is normally only used 1 of our 3 services per week, but it is becoming quite a frustrating problem and I cannot seem to find a solution.

The problem:
Without any warning on some mornings when I power on the projector it will not recognize any that there is any signal present and I will just get a blank blue "no signal screen".  This problem has happened with 2 different PCs and in both cases the computer always recognized as a having an external monitor connected.  Sometimes a simple power cycle of the projector will fix it, other times I have to climb a ladder and simply un-plug and then reconnect the VGA cable in the back of the projector, then other time it takes a hard reset to solve the problem.  But now none of those solutions are working.  It also should be noted that this same problem occurred before when I had a signal amplifier in line and I removed it and the problem seemed to go away for the better part of a year, but now it's back.  It seems to happen randomly too, sometimes once a week and sometimes it may go a month or two and never have a problem.

I know that this projector is not a unit that would normally be put into a church, but we bought it used and don't have the budget for a quality projector.

Another note on my troubleshooting, when we bought this projector it came with an identical twin I have switched them out and got the same problems so I thought it was a cable or PC problem so I took it home and connected it via a 6' cable and my own PC and get similar problems.

It doesn't make sense to me and I am beginning to think they have a mind of their own.  Like they each have the same defect. 

Do you have any thoughts on these snake oil filled projectors?

Thanks Guys/Gals.

I will post this a couple other places as well, because I need all the help I can get!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Sanyo Projector Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »

The problem:
Without any warning on some mornings when I power on the projector it will not recognize any that there is any signal present and I will just get a blank blue "no signal screen".  This problem has happened with 2 different PCs and in both cases the computer always recognized as a having an external monitor connected.  Sometimes a simple power cycle of the projector will fix it, other times I have to climb a ladder and simply un-plug and then reconnect the VGA cable in the back of the projector, then other time it takes a hard reset to solve the problem.  But now none of those solutions are working.
Am I reading it right that you turn on the computer and then the projector?  What resolution is the computer running for the projector output?  Page 59 of http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_2942.pdf lists all of the compatible resolutions and scan/refresh rates for your projector, but you might want to try it at one of the native 1024x768 resolution settings.

Jacob Robinson

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 04:47:34 AM »

Am I reading it right that you turn on the computer and then the projector?  What resolution is the computer running for the projector output?  Page 59 of http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_2942.pdf lists all of the compatible resolutions and scan/refresh rates for your projector, but you might want to try it at one of the native 1024x768 resolution settings.

I am running a strange resolution, 1366 x 768 I believe, but could that cause intermittent problems?  I would like to think that would cause it to not work consistently.

Bojan Bajsic

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »

I am running a strange resolution, 1366 x 768 I believe, but could that cause intermittent problems?  I would like to think that would cause it to not work consistently.

That CAN be a cause for your problems, yes. Try outputing in native projector resolution (1024x768) and change aspect ratio to 16:9 on the pj itself. Try a couple different refresh rates. Are you running a clone display or extended desktop?

Another thing to mention is the length of your cable run and are you using only VGA/VGA connections or some adapters (like going from dvi or displayport to vga)?

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »

I have seen examples where a signal that is close to a compatible signal may sync up sometimes and not others or initially sync up and then lose sync.  According to the manual, 1366x768 is compatible but only with a 60Hz refresh and the projector could be very senstitive to any deviation from that.

Also note that while not a significant difference, the bandwidth of a 1366x768 signal is greater than that of an equivalent 1024x768 signal and thus the losses from the cable could also be greater.  However, the difference should not be so great that it mattered in the trial you performed at home using a 6' cable.

Jacob Robinson

Sanyo Projector Problems
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »

I will try switching back to 1024 x 768 and see what happens

I am running no adapters, VGA out of PC and 100' to PJ.

Refresh rate is set at 60Hz as that is the only option.

--Jake

ProSoundWeb Community

Sanyo Projector Problems
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.