ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single cam distributed to 5 TVs  (Read 5664 times)

Rain Jaudon

• Multitude Audio
Single cam distributed to 5 TVs
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »

Church wants a simple PTZ cam installed with a few presets. 
I then need to take this BNC connection and split it.  One split will go to a PC that will record/archive the services.  The other split will be fed to 5 small LCD TVs way back in the fellowship hall. 
(probably 60' from camera to video recorder in the sound booth.  Then 250' to the Fellowship Hall.  From there each TV is between 25 and 100' apart I guess)

The original design called for twisted pair BALUNs but that put them way over budget.  We are now looking into pulling new RG6 and doing this over Coax. 

Whats my most economical route?

The TVs will not be on a local cable provider feed but may have DVD players connected (shouldn't be a problem since its a different input).

Thanks for any direction you can give.
Rain

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
Re: Single cam distributed to 5 TVs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

Church wants a simple PTZ cam installed with a few presets. 
I then need to take this BNC connection and split it.  One split will go to a PC that will record/archive the services.  The other split will be fed to 5 small LCD TVs way back in the fellowship hall. 
(probably 60' from camera to video recorder in the sound booth.  Then 250' to the Fellowship Hall.  From there each TV is between 25 and 100' apart I guess)

The original design called for twisted pair BALUNs but that put them way over budget.  We are now looking into pulling new RG6 and doing this over Coax. 

Whats my most economical route?

The TVs will not be on a local cable provider feed but may have DVD players connected (shouldn't be a problem since its a different input).

Thanks for any direction you can give.
Rain

What output format on the PTZ camera? SD Composite, SDI?, HDMI?

Rain Jaudon

• Multitude Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »

We are low budget on this.
http://www.securitycamerasdirect.com/products/digiop-black-10x-zoom-mini-speed-dome-camera
The reason the inistial design called for twisted pair, is that at 250' you are hitting the limit of Composite over RG6.

Most distribution amplifiers specify 200' as maximum range.

I'd spend the money for a CAT5 extender to get to the fellowship hall, put a composite video distribution amp there, and then do your runs to the monitors, using additional distribution amps to extend to monitors farther than 200' from the main Fellowship Hall DA.

Shinybow USA makes composite DAs and Extenders that aren't too pricy. Much cheaper than my preferred vendor (Gefen). if you want to test a distribution amp for the 250' run, do so before you run wires, the cable can be repurposed to get to your monitors around the fellowship hall if it doesn't work for your long run.

Rain Jaudon

• Multitude Audio
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on ShinyBow USA..  Had not heard of them before and I do like their prices.

The reason the inistial design called for twisted pair, is that at 250' you are hitting the limit of Composite over RG6.

Most distribution amplifiers specify 200' as maximum range.

I'd spend the money for a CAT5 extender to get to the fellowship hall, put a composite video distribution amp there, and then do your runs to the monitors, using additional distribution amps to extend to monitors farther than 200' from the main Fellowship Hall DA.

Shinybow USA makes composite DAs and Extenders that aren't too pricy. Much cheaper than my preferred vendor (Gefen). if you want to test a distribution amp for the 250' run, do so before you run wires, the cable can be repurposed to get to your monitors around the fellowship hall if it doesn't work for your long run.

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »

A video distribution amp will give you the best picture, given the composite/baseband signal you plan on using. These can be had relatively inexpensively.  Down, dirty and cheap would be a frequency agile NTSC cable modulator that would allow you to use the coax cable as a closed loop cable system.
This space for rent

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on ShinyBow USA..  Had not heard of them before and I do like their prices.

Full Disclosure, I haven't used any ShinyBow products. Make sure you buy from a vendor with a reasonable return policy in case the units aren't suitable. The key words for google/shopping are "Composite Distribution Amplifier"

Rain Jaudon

• Multitude Audio
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

UPDATE - Client has decided this is too low resolution and wants to scrap the whole plan.

Now wants to raise $$ so he can attempt to fund a better PTZ Camera and distribution.  (just love my job)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.