ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: digico sd series file compatibility  (Read 9120 times)

Alexander Pacheco

digico sd series file compatibility
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »

hi, first time poster so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask

i spent 3 hrs on the sd8 offline editor building a file for the tour i just started.  first venue w a digico has an sd9 and my file won't load (says 'old') next to file name.  frustrating, but i figure it could be because my sd8 software is like a version old. built the file from scratch on the sd9 and saved at the end of the night.  next day is an sd8- my sd9 file from last night won't load.  what gives??

digico boards sound great and are incredibly functional.. there are just so many frustrations, interface problems and etc that i'm constantly annoyed. 

so which console filetypes will talk to each other? can i convert in the offline editor? any words of wisdom welcome.  thanks

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: digico sd series file compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »

hi, first time poster so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask

i spent 3 hrs on the sd8 offline editor building a file for the tour i just started.  first venue w a digico has an sd9 and my file won't load (says 'old') next to file name.  frustrating, but i figure it could be because my sd8 software is like a version old. built the file from scratch on the sd9 and saved at the end of the night.  next day is an sd8- my sd9 file from last night won't load.  what gives??

digico boards sound great and are incredibly functional.. there are just so many frustrations, interface problems and etc that i'm constantly annoyed. 

so which console filetypes will talk to each other? can i convert in the offline editor? any words of wisdom welcome.  thanks

Welcome to the Forums.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:26:38 pm by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Alexander Pacheco

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »

My guess is that if you can't follow the simple forum instructions about "real names required", you're probably missing something in the directions for the consoles you're trying to use......

thanks, name changed.. still hoping for some wisdom on working across different models of Digico SD ! bummed I couldn't use my existing files.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:03:16 pm by Alexander Pacheco »

Adam Robinson

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:00:10 am »

thanks, name changed.. still hoping for some wisdom on working across different models of Digico SD ! bummed I couldn't use my existing files.

None of the SD consoles currently support loading each other's files.  A roundabout way of doing this is to create a 60 channel preset file on your SD8 and load those presets into the SD9, realizing you'll only get to see the first 48 of them and than anything in auxes beyond 16 will not get transferred  You also won't be transferring a load of other parameters like output names and bus structure, so you'll need to align those first.  It takes some work, but it can be done... I've done it between the 7 and the 8 many times and just did it between the 7 and the 10. 

Send a note to your local Digico rep or Digico support about your desire for this feature.  I know I've expressed my wish many times and hope it's right around the corner......

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:00:58 pm »

one should be able to transfer the parts of the console one needs using preset files. like already written this can be 60 input channels at once - more likely only the exact number you need... be sure to practice the procedure on your PC using the editor software of both consoles, as it has some nasty pitfalls!

Also output channels, FX settings, GEQs have preset libraries.
And you just need one file to transfer them to another console, to recall you first need to restructure depending on your required setup and then load the (multichannel) presets by type. Of course this is more a workaround...

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:26:46 am »

None of the SD consoles currently support loading each other's files.  A roundabout way of doing this is to create a 60 channel preset file on your SD8 and load those presets into the SD9, realizing you'll only get to see the first 48 of them and than anything in auxes beyond 16 will not get transferred  You also won't be transferring a load of other parameters like output names and bus structure, so you'll need to align those first.  It takes some work, but it can be done... I've done it between the 7 and the 8 many times and just did it between the 7 and the 10. 

Send a note to your local Digico rep or Digico support about your desire for this feature.  I know I've expressed my wish many times and hope it's right around the corner......
To add to this. If possible, build your preset file on the SD9. It will transfer "up" to the SD8 better than doing it in the other direction.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:26:46 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.