ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neutron XS Hazer?  (Read 4567 times)

Dave Scarlett

Neutron XS Hazer?
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »

Anyone have experience with one of these, are they any good? I can pick up a non functioning one pretty cheap that might just need a pump or heater. The guy who has it doesn't know what wrong with it though and it might just be junk.
All advice gladly taken.

Thanks, Dave

Jerome Malsack

Re: Neutron XS Hazer?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »

Anyone have experience with one of these, are they any good? I can pick up a non functioning one pretty cheap that might just need a pump or heater. The guy who has it doesn't know what wrong with it though and it might just be junk.
All advice gladly taken.

Thanks, Dave

From what I have read and heard the heater is most likely plugged from debris.  If one uses tap water one can introduce debris that when passing in the heater will cause a clog.  By using distilled water that is very pure and not having minerals in it will prevent this problem.  Most manufactures say that when the heater is plugged there is little that can be done to clear the clog.  If the unit is still passing some steam out you can try using some cleaning fluid and flush the lines to bring back to normal.  From the instructions most of these start to sound like the cleaning of a dripp coffee pot.   Some distilled water with viniger to flush out the crap and then back to work.   Another one might be they ran the unit with no fluid, another thing the manufacture recommends we dont do that.  This might burn out the heater. 

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

Parts and service help are available from the manufacturer,
http://www.lemaitreusa.com/.
This is not a smoke machine, so distilled water, etc, do not work. There are a few inexpensive parts that can be easily replaced, but you should make certain you use the proper fluid. Common problem with these units is the use of cheap fog fluid instead of haze fluid, which will cause issues very quickly. Also, there are two types of haze fluid, so only use the proper stuff for this machine.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Chris Jensen

• Los Angeles
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

From what I have read and heard the heater is most likely plugged from debris.  If one uses tap water one can introduce debris that when passing in the heater will cause a clog.  By using distilled water that is very pure and not having minerals in it will prevent this problem.  Most manufactures say that when the heater is plugged there is little that can be done to clear the clog.  If the unit is still passing some steam out you can try using some cleaning fluid and flush the lines to bring back to normal.  From the instructions most of these start to sound like the cleaning of a dripp coffee pot.   Some distilled water with viniger to flush out the crap and then back to work.   Another one might be they ran the unit with no fluid, another thing the manufacture recommends we dont do that.  This might burn out the heater.

The Neurtons I have used have a cleaning tool taped inside of the case called an "abrazor".  It breaks easy and gets clogged in the pipe so be careful.  The best tool I found though were guitar strings.  Larger gauge with windings fit up there nicely and are stiff enough to be moved in and out.  Pop out that plastic plug on the side and go to town.

Chris

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.