ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Xilica Processors?  (Read 19735 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Xilica Processors?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »

+1 Lang on the ISO circuit.

It can cause some problems.

For example-if there is not much sound and the ISO has "reset" and you have a loud sharp 1st note of a song (A snare hit for example) then that hit will not come through as loud as you want-but the rest of the instruments will.

It can also cause some "interesting" things to happen depending on the measurement system you use.

Platforms like Monkey Forest will come up with varying results in level-then reset and do the same thing-then reset etc.  It can be frustrating.

Tooke me awhile to figure out what it was and what was going on.

I just disable it-as Langston said.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tamas Tako

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

Maybe I am not alone with this question here:

How to disable the ISO?

Thanks,

Tamas

+1 Lang on the ISO circuit.

It can cause some problems.

For example-if there is not much sound and the ISO has "reset" and you have a loud sharp 1st note of a song (A snare hit for example) then that hit will not come through as loud as you want-but the rest of the instruments will.

It can also cause some "interesting" things to happen depending on the measurement system you use.

Platforms like Monkey Forest will come up with varying results in level-then reset and do the same thing-then reset etc.  It can be frustrating.

Tooke me awhile to figure out what it was and what was going on.

I just disable it-as Langston said.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

Hi Y'all,

I have DLP4080A models in a couple venues, and own an XP4080.

The older models have fewer filters, but enough for my needs.

The older ones have a more useful, four-line display, while the XP units have a much clunkier two-line display.
Not a big deal if you are mostly using a laptop for control.
The XD units have the four-line display.

Sound quality is very good on all of them.

The older DLP units have 2.67ms latency, the newer XP ones are 1.5ms.

I find the older software easier to use than the newer software.

The newer units have  a couple build-quality improvements over the older ones.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Herman Chigrin

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »

FIR filters...

I was interested in the Xilica unit and FIR filters, for crossover use only. Lets say I have 3-way horns for speakers PLUS subs. I need a 100Hz, 350Hz, 2Khz points with 12 db and 6 db slopes, since I prefer the sound of shallow filter slopes.

Will I get better sound quality/transient response (or benefit) using the FIR filter in my setup? Xilica XD will let me do that?

Thanks,
Herman

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »

Maybe I am not alone with this question here:

How to disable the ISO?

Thanks,

Tamas
Sorry-I forgot to respond to this.

I really need a unit in front of me to do  a step by step and am out of town on allignments for the rest of the week.

You can only do it from the front panel-it is not in the soft ware.

Go to Home and then use the top curser buttons to find the ISO page.  I can't remember if you go into that page or to the next page to disable it.  I will let you know next week.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John Sabine

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »

Interested in this also since I have a VTC 4080 and it is apparently a rebadged XD4080. One note that I found out yesterday from Xilica is that if you're using A VTC 4080 with the current software release or an older version of Xconsole with a Xilica processor, the software will show that you have FIR filters as an option and will indeed act like it is processing it's a** off when actually your processor might not have this capability and is sending full range signal to your horn drivers. Lost 2 drivers this past weekend because of this. The response plot would show that all crossovers were in place and working. They told me that newer versions of their software don't show FIR filtering unless the unit actually has it built in.

Sorry-I forgot to respond to this.

I really need a unit in front of me to do  a step by step and am out of town on allignments for the rest of the week.

You can only do it from the front panel-it is not in the soft ware.

Go to Home and then use the top curser buttons to find the ISO page.  I can't remember if you go into that page or to the next page to disable it.  I will let you know next week.
"I think it needs more barn"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.