ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whither QSC?  (Read 15989 times)

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
Re: Whither QSC?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »

Back at winter NAMM, I had a conversation with a QSC employee about QSC building bigger amps to compete with such amps as the 4 channel Lab Gruppens. He said, "it would be dumb if we didn't, wouldn't it?" nodding his head saying that those are in the works. I sure hope they come out soon. They also hinted about a QSC mixer based of their intel based DSP. Haven't seen anything about that either.

http://www.qscaudio.com/press/news.php?id=291
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Joshua R Berneking

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »

Jason,

Thanks for the info, I am interested to see what the differences are between the QSC Settings and the Lab Settings,

Cheers,
Josh Berneking

Joshua -

You are trying too hard.

:)

Check out the Load Library v2.8 on the Lab Gruppen website. 

Jason

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Whither QSC?
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »

With all these cheap powered speakers out there with digital processing and digital consoles starting to crowd up the <$10k range, at some point I presume a manufacture that makes both (Harmon, to-be-QSC) will offer a solution for easy digital signal between console and powered speaker. Obviously this exists in the high end, but I'm imagining a QSC K box with a digital input.

Ben Brunskill

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »

It seems to be that while QSC may not have been busy coming up with new power amps, they have certainly been busy, designing and building one of the most useful, high output powered speaker systems that I've seen.

I think that the K12's and K10's stand head and shoulders above the JBL EON, Mackie and RCF boxes that I've used.

I'm still using a pair of QSC USA900 power amps, great units for sure. Heavy suckers though.

jason misterka

Re: Re: Whither QSC?
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »

Jason,

Thanks for the info, I am interested to see what the differences are between the QSC Settings and the Lab Settings,

Cheers,
Josh Berneking

Josh -

Check your PM when you get a chance.

Jason

James A. Griffin

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »

I think that the K12's and K10's stand head and shoulders above the JBL EON, Mackie and RCF boxes that I've used.

I think QSC would be embarrassed to be mentioned in same sentence with EON or Mackie.   The K series was designed for the same market as JBL PRX.     After the K12 was introduced, it didn't take JBL long to drop the PRX512m and bring the PRX 612.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.