ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Six Digital Smaart Tools vs Smart V7  (Read 4989 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Studio Six Digital Smaart Tools vs Smart V7
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Does Smaart V7 offer any advantage over the SSD add ons? More curious than anything else as I'll likely go for Smaart V7 anyways.
Thanks,
BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
Re: Studio Six Digital Smaart Tools vs Smart V7
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Does Smaart V7 offer any advantage over the SSD add ons? More curious than anything else as I'll likely go for Smaart V7 anyways.
Thanks,
BJ
The SSD Smaart Tools addon is only single channel FFT (just spectrum and spectro measurements), whereas the Windows or Mac version of Smaart 7 from Rational does both single and dual channel FFT's (spectrum, spectro, transfer function magnitude & phase, impulse response measurements).  SSD also has a remote control app out for the full version of Smaart 7 that uses the latter's API to control and receive data over wifi on an iPad or iPhone.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

The SSD Smaart Tools addon is only single channel FFT (just spectrum and spectro measurements), whereas the Windows or Mac version of Smaart 7 from Rational does both single and dual channel FFT's (spectrum, spectro, transfer function magnitude & phase, impulse response measurements).  SSD also has a remote control app out for the full version of Smaart 7 that uses the latter's API to control and receive data over wifi on an iPad or iPhone.
Hello again Arthur. Thanks for the info.
BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Does Smaart V7 offer any advantage over the SSD add ons?

The Studio Six AudioTools SMAART Tools 1 is pretty much identical to the SMAART 7 spectrograph. I own and use both.

SMAART 7's transfer function, however, is way ahead of Studio Six's. It does as many channels at once as your hardware can support, and calculates the delays on the fly. Studio Six's, which I do not own, looks to be similar to SMAART 5's. One pair of channels, fixed delay.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.