ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual Focus on Intimidator Spot LED 350  (Read 3577 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Manual Focus on Intimidator Spot LED 350
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »

I have a few of the INTSPOTLED350 that I plan to use for an upcoming gig. A couple of the lights will have to throw pretty far, so I want to tighten the beam up. One is supposed to be able to manually adjusts the focus down from 17 degrees to 12. I don't find any instructions for doing this properly in the manual or on Chauvet's site. Only reference I've seen is in their marketing video where they show the guy turning the lense. There is not anything to indicate how far you can turn it, or what is supposed to lock it in place once you have adjusted it. In fact, other than hitting a spot of minor resistance right before it is completely unscrewed, I don't see anything that will keep the lense holder from potentially loosening or tightening itself during operation of the light, once one has backed it away from being bottomed tight in the fixture.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Kyle Malenfant

Re: Manual Focus on Intimidator Spot LED 350
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »

Hey mike, we use intim 350s all the time. To adjust the lens just go to the front of the fixture and spin the lens clockwise/counterclockwise. The lens won't let you completely unscrew it from the fixture, it will eventually stop at the 12 degree angle. It doesn't seem to be a spot of minor resistance....always felt secure when I did it and never a concern of the lense falling out.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »

Thanks for the reply Kyle. I did try a couple others and the lense stopped hard like you say. I'll have to give the first one a closer look to see what's wrong with it.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.