ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 700MHz wireless.  (Read 10311 times)

Al Rettich

700MHz wireless.
« on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »

Had a rack that came back today. It's been out on a rental for the last twenty-six months. it was twelve Sennheiser G2 wireless units that included four units that are in the 700MHz area. We were hoping to fis someone who might be able to retune the wireless down below 698MHz keeping us out of that freq. range. After contacting Sennheiser with no luck, and searching the Internet has led to nothing. Thought I'd try here. Anyone know of a company that retunes the freq. ranges? They are out of warranty, therefore we are not worried about that. 

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
Re: 700MHz wireless.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 03:34:59 PM »

Had a rack that came back today. It's been out on a rental for the last twenty-six months. it was twelve Sennheiser G2 wireless units that included four units that are in the 700MHz area. We were hoping to fis someone who might be able to retune the wireless down below 698MHz keeping us out of that freq. range. After contacting Sennheiser with no luck, and searching the Internet has led to nothing. Thought I'd try here. Anyone know of a company that retunes the freq. ranges? They are out of warranty, therefore we are not worried about that.
Are you sure Sennheiser US can't retune it? The Sennheiser mothership in Germany will still retune G2 systems.
another possibility is to sell it to Europe, where we can still use it.

Al Rettich

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

We have sent numerous emails, and left VM's with no reply. We really don't want to sell. They are great all around wireless.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

We have sent numerous emails, and left VM's with no reply. We really don't want to sell. They are great all around wireless.
Robb Blumenreder of Sennheiser used to frequent the PSW forums. You could send him a PM. I've found him and others at Sennheiser to be very responsive - I'm sure he would want to make sure that you're treated correctly.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »

The way that it was explained to me was that if they could have done that they would have instead of offering rebates to replace them apparently it's not like the old days with VHF when they weren't tunable and just needed 1 chiP replaced.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »

The way that it was explained to me was that if they could have done that they would have instead of offering rebates to replace them apparently it's not like the old days with VHF when they weren't tunable and just needed 1 chiP replaced.
As i wrote earlier, Sennheiser in Europe can do it with G2/G3 systems, see http://de-de.sennheiser.com/downloads/download/file/2027/Preisliste_Frequenzumbau.pdf
Maybe it's a business decision, the costs of retuning are, as you can see above, quite high...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:23:53 PM by Jens Palm Bacher »

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »

I contacted Sennheiser directly and was told that the EW serie are not retunable. They can do it with their 3000 and 5000 series. If it had been possible I would have had it done rather than spending $67grand to replace ours two year ago.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Al Rettich

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:58 PM »

I'd spend (combined) $400 to get both units retuned..

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:18:55 AM »

Had a rack that came back today. It's been out on a rental for the last twenty-six months. it was twelve Sennheiser G2 wireless units that included four units that are in the 700MHz area.
I'd spend (combined) $400 to get both units retuned..
It probably doesn't matter but is it four systems involved or four units, e.g. two transmitters and two receivers?

Because the internal design, components and circuitry vary between models, some models may be amenable to significant changes in tuning with minor modifications while other models may be limited in the retuning possible without major modifications.  It seems that Sennheiser has been pretty consistent regarding their viewing retuning 700MHz US G2/G3 systems as impractical.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »

26 months ago would have been 1 month before the ban went into effect. Was it some type of oversight that they went out on rental then?
Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.