ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VER and shows  (Read 14076 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: VER and shows
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

Does any have an opinion on the issue I have submitted or this topic dead?

In business, there is no yesterday.  They've paid you for your services in the past and do not owe you anything today.  If the competition has a better business model than you, they'll get the business.  Bottom line.

Jealousy is a waste of time...........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

In business, there is no yesterday.  They've paid you for your services in the past and do not owe you anything today.  If the competition has a better business model than you, they'll get the business.  Bottom line.

Jealousy is a waste of time...........

Absolutely right. They are allowed to do whatever is best for thier investors. That's how business works.

Jealous I am not. However, I think it's important that it get said and I was looking for others to chime in on a biz level on this change. They are not what they were and a new direction has been set in VER's business model.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »

Absolutely right. They are allowed to do whatever is best for thier investors. That's how business works.

Jealous I am not. However, I think it's important that it get said and I was looking for others to chime in on a biz level on this change. They are not what they were and a new direction has been set in VER's business model.

I believe these Forums are better suited to discussing technical matters rather than posting vacuous and vague innuendo  regarding the competition. 

What in this thread is of benefit to the community at large? 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »

I believe these Forums are better suited to discussing technical matters rather than posting vacuous and vague innuendo  regarding the competition. 

What in this thread is of benefit to the community at large?

By letting those that are in the AV staging biz know that there's a change on the playing field. That's how.

And Dick - I'm NOT being vague or submitting innuendo at all. I saw it and I said it. Period. It's doesn't ask whether you need a Spyder or SP2 rig, but if you don't think it's relevant - don't reply.

Brian Larson

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »

I don't know anything about this particular company, but everyone I know crossrents from their competitors. It's just part of the business. Get over it.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »

Hammer,

Perhaps this is being misconstrued, but I can't do anything about what people interpret from what I'm intending to write.

I am askin whether anyone finds this new trend disturbing - and yes it's relatively new trend disturbing (couple years maybe) and counter to what has always been thier model of a wholesale rental house that isn't a competitor to the people they serve.

I wasn't trying to be vague but rather leave room for other opinions and interpretation.

Is that straight enough for you?

I am not a newbie in this biz guyz and you can try the smack down bit if you like but that doesn't tell me anything but that you're unwilling to state an opinion.

Does any have an opinion on the issue I have submitted or this topic dead?

Hello,

Most people on this Forum find it easier to answer a question that is clearly and concisely written....we play enough guessing games with our customers...

Now that we've gotten the question from you... No,.. it doesn't surprise me that a rental house would finally offer the services of Techs/Operators along with their Rental gear.  What does surprise me is that it would take this long for them to come to the conclusion that it is another income stream for the Company. 

Every Audio/Video/Lighting/Staging provider that I'm aware of offers the the services of qualified Techs and Operators.  I don't ever recall using VER, but, it could have happened in the past...

Hammer

ps.... find a way to get your name on their list.  These provided Techs may be freelance, contract or full time employees....but...?
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 05:16:41 PM »

Hello,

Most people on this Forum find it easier to answer a question that is clearly and concisely written....we play enough guessing games with our customers...

Now that we've gotten the question from you... No,.. it doesn't surprise me that a rental house would finally offer the services of Techs/Operators along with their Rental gear.  What does surprise me is that it would take this long for them to come to the conclusion that it is another income stream for the Company. 

Every Audio/Video/Lighting/Staging provider that I'm aware of offers the the services of qualified Techs and Operators.  I don't ever recall using VER, but, it could have happened in the past...

Hammer

ps.... find a way to get your name on their list.  These provided Techs may be freelance, contract or full time employees....but...?

I am the owner of an AV provider. That wouldn't work for me. But thx!

I would agree that it's a natural progression. Every biz has a life cycle and all are entitled to make changes that are best for THIER business.

I just think it's important to shine light on a significant change in the marketplace and solicit some opinions from others that work for, or own companies in the corpie AV realm. This does change things significantly for freelancers, producers, rental customers and AV staging providers. The change is different for all but not a small one for any.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

I am the owner of an AV provider. That wouldn't work for me. But thx!

I would agree that it's a natural progression. Every biz has a life cycle and all are entitled to make changes that are best for THIER business.

I just think it's important to shine light on a significant change in the marketplace and solicit some opinions from others that work for, or own companies in the corpie AV realm. This does change things significantly for freelancers, producers, rental customers and AV staging providers. The change is different for all but not a small one for any.

Hello,

If you could be a little more forth-coming with the point (whatever that is...) that you're trying to make, it might clear up whatever it is that you're leaving out of your post.   

Again, any of the other Providers that rent Video, Audio, Staging and Lighting that I'm aware of... has been able to provide Operators and Techs along with their gear.

Are you saying that VER will only rent gear with the stipulation that they ALSO provide Operators/Techs with their equipment?  Is this the "significant change" that you're talking about?

Because, I don't see anything they're doing that's any different than any other similar Company...  unless you can give us something that is significantly different..

Hammer

Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »

Hello,

If you could be a little more forth-coming with the point (whatever that is...) that you're trying to make, it might clear up whatever it is that you're leaving out of your post.   

Again, any of the other Providers that rent Video, Audio, Staging and Lighting that I'm aware of... has been able to provide Operators and Techs along with their gear.

Are you saying that VER will only rent gear with the stipulation that they ALSO provide Operators/Techs with their equipment?  Is this the "significant change" that you're talking about?

Because, I don't see anything they're doing that's any different than any other similar Company...  unless you can give us something that is significantly different..

Hammer

Hammer,

Refer to my 1st response to you. VER has always 'billed' themselves as a wholesale rental company that doesn't compete with thier clients. I have been told in the past that they 'draw the line' at labor. They did not use to provide labor.

That has changed and it seems a new course has been charted for them. As we've stated earlier that isn't abnormal is the life cycle of businesses, but should be noted to those out in the marketplace.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »

...VER has always 'billed' themselves as a wholesale rental company that doesn't compete with thier clients. I have been told in the past that they 'draw the line' at labor. They did not use to provide labor.

That has changed and it seems a new course has been charted for them...
We might have a subrental from them in the near future - I'll try to remember to see if the delivery guy/gal knows anything about them providing event techs, etc.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.