ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VER and shows  (Read 14086 times)

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
VER and shows
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »

Hello All

Been while since I've been here.

I wanted to ping the community to see who is running into VER out in "show land".

I know there have been rumors & hearsay. I've actually seen a bit more than just that, but wanted to get other opinions & experience.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: VER and shows
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »

Hello All

I wanted to ping the community to see who is running into VER out in "show land".

I know there have been rumors & hearsay. I've actually seen a bit more than just that, but wanted to get other opinions & experience.

If you're referring to Video Equipment Rentals, all the time on corporate and broadcast events
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »

Hello All

What specifically are you talking about?

Mac

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »

We subrent from them often, it's what they do. A friend of mine works for them in Seattle.

Rumours and hearsay, and what you've seen? A bit vague. What are you talking about?

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »

Mac
Yeah…what he said…

We rent from them often and the only issues we've had recently were in timing.  All equipment has arrived intact, operational, and in 8/10 condition.

Oh…don't get AC power cords from them, unless you like orange/yellow/red/blue/green.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »

Mac

I'm asking if anyone has seen VER out with techs in VER shirts doing shows? Basically just what I said. Not dry hire, but actually renting AND teching the gear.

There's no trick here. I'm not trying to be cute or coy.

I JUST saw it with my own eyes on a show we were working.

I'm asking a question if anyone else has seen this and I'd like to hear others opinions on the issue.

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »

If you're referring to Video Equipment Rentals, all the time on corporate and broadcast events

Yes - this was a taped broadcast event we just did and VER had gear and techs in shirts. Not just a dry hire.

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:54 PM »

We subrent from them often, it's what they do. A friend of mine works for them in Seattle.

Rumours and hearsay, and what you've seen? A bit vague. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about me a decade + client of VERs walking into a broadcast event we were doing and seeing VER techs in VER shirts tech'ing the gear for show. If you don't find that disturbing IMO you aren't paying close enough attention.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »

I'm asking if anyone has seen VER out with techs in VER shirts doing shows? Basically just what I said. Not dry hire, but actually renting AND teching the gear.

There's no trick here. I'm not trying to be cute or coy.

I JUST saw it with my own eyes on a show we were working.

I'm asking a question if anyone else has seen this and I'd like to hear others opinions on the issue.

Hello,

Hmmm .... It seems like you're not only being cute and coy, but also being a wise ass.   You post some vague ramblings, then, criticise posters for not knowing exactly what you're hinting about.... then, in the exact same follow-up post, followed by two consecutive posts, you give the answer to the information that you omitted in the first post.

Ok...so... you are ranting that VER is now supplying labor with some of their rental gear?  Is this the jist of your post?  Has VER always been in the DRY rental business, or, have they also supplied other services?  If they are now providing labor...why is it that you think that VER is supplying labor with their gear?  And, are you certain that these laborers are not free-lance workers?

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

Hello,

Hmmm .... It seems like you're not only being cute and coy, but also being a wise ass.   You post some vague ramblings, then, criticise posters for not knowing exactly what you're hinting about.... then, in the exact same follow-up post, followed by two consecutive posts, you give the answer to the information that you omitted in the first post.

Ok...so... you are ranting that VER is now supplying labor with some of their rental gear?  Is this the jist of your post?  Has VER always been in the DRY rental business, or, have they also supplied other services?  If they are now providing labor...why is it that you think that VER is supplying labor with their gear?  And, are you certain that these laborers are not free-lance workers?

Hammer

Hammer,

Perhaps this is being misconstrued, but I can't do anything about what people interpret from what I'm intending to write.

I am askin whether anyone finds this new trend disturbing - and yes it's relatively new trend disturbing (couple years maybe) and counter to what has always been thier model of a wholesale rental house that isn't a competitor to the people they serve.

I wasn't trying to be vague but rather leave room for other opinions and interpretation.

Is that straight enough for you?

I am not a newbie in this biz guyz and you can try the smack down bit if you like but that doesn't tell me anything but that you're unwilling to state an opinion.

Does any have an opinion on the issue I have submitted or this topic dead?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.