ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VER and shows  (Read 14085 times)

Justin Dodd

Re: VER and shows
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »

That's the first Ive heard of this. I would think if they are putting out competing quotes they are going to loose there hold on dry rentals as we and most others typically don't rent from direct competition. If they are supplying labor to production companies like the Crew Source or Video Tech Services does, then it could be another valuable resource to smaller production companies like that I work for. Though I wouldn't want my freelance labor wearing bright blue VER shirts...

Justin

Hello All

Been while since I've been here.

I wanted to ping the community to see who is running into VER out in "show land".

I know there have been rumors & hearsay. I've actually seen a bit more than just that, but wanted to get other opinions & experience.

Rich Mullen EDGEMan

• www.edgeshowtek.com
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »

That's the first Ive heard of this. I would think if they are putting out competing quotes they are going to loose there hold on dry rentals as we and most others typically don't rent from direct competition. If they are supplying labor to production companies like the Crew Source or Video Tech Services does, then it could be another valuable resource to smaller production companies like that I work for. Though I wouldn't want my freelance labor wearing bright blue VER shirts...

Justin

I've heard rumblings for a while, but for me it is now confirmed. They are doing shows...period. I would agree that in this scenario they stand to loose a good portion of their dry rentals and in the end that's what I'm curious about from this community. How does this reality affect your decision on where/who to use as your dry rental provider?

The shirts are (or were) RED.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »

I've heard rumblings for a while, but for me it is now confirmed. They are doing shows...period. I would agree that in this scenario they stand to loose a good portion of their dry rentals and in the end that's what I'm curious about from this community. How does this reality affect your decision on where/who to use as your dry rental provider?

The shirts are (or were) RED.

On the audio side of things, a couple of large manufacturers were offering "demo" gear to end users (along with factory tech support) so they could showcase their wares while allowing the end users "free" gear and the ability to underbid shows they probably had no business taking on anyway.  Not surprisingly, existing owners of those products and providers with other brands were not amused... but it was the existing customer base that complained the loudest.  At least one of those manufacturers has mostly discontinued such practices when current owners threatened to sell off their gear and replace with other brands.  The sell off would have diluted the sales of new gear...

There are lots of ways both rental shops and manufacturers are muddying the waters of their traditional ways of doing things, but if VER is pissing you off, don't rent from them.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Cory Ramsey

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

I know this topic is dead, but the thread has been stuck in my mind for a while... I FINALLY remembered to ask my contact at VER.
They are strictly a rental company. They do not supply labor.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.