ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what is wrong with EAW  (Read 13504 times)

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
Re: what is wrong with EAW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »

That's too bad.  Every once in a while someone has a good experience to report about their parts dept.  But then for every good story there are more like yours.   A friend of mine had an order which took about 6 months of waiting and, following repeated attempts, they were actually able to charge it over the phone and then EAW sent it shortly after that.   Judging by this and other people's experiences, it would seem that due to the business model they were sold into, their parts dept has dwindled down to a very part-time operation.  I recently read that their former service man is now officially recognized and perhaps employed by EAW again.  Hopefully the parts dept gets the long-due attention it deserves.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

This is what happens when the service model becomes JIT. No stock, no people, no service or support. Too bad for EAW, a once incredible company.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »

This is what happens when the service model becomes JIT. No stock, no people, no service or support. Too bad for EAW, a once incredible company.
Unfortunately, JIT has now become the mode of operation of every subcontractor and supplier in all areas of business everywhere in the world. This has caused everything to grind to a halt, and the world economy is suffering badly as a result.
Do you want rolls for breakfast? Better notify your grocery store so the store can order from the distributor so the distributor can order from the baker so the baker can order flour from the distributor so the distributor can order from the mill so the mill can order grain from the farmer so the farmer can order seeds to sow.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:11:31 PM by Per Sovik »

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:35:21 PM »

That's too bad.  Every once in a while someone has a good experience to report about their parts dept.  But then for every good story there are more like yours.   A friend of mine had an order which took about 6 months of waiting and, following repeated attempts, they were actually able to charge it over the phone and then EAW sent it shortly after that.   Judging by this and other people's experiences, it would seem that due to the business model they were sold into, their parts dept has dwindled down to a very part-time operation.  I recently read that their former service man is now officially recognized and perhaps employed by EAW again.  Hopefully the parts dept gets the long-due attention it deserves.
It is a fact that EAW has recently rehired their old service manager. They are also currently moving all their parts operations back to Whitensville and are in the process of building out a 30,000 sq foot facility. JIT spare parts is over at EAW. I have gotten assurances from EAW for my venue that service is now a priority again and parts supply issues will very soon be a bad memory. Recent orders have come quickly, which is something I couldn't say for ANY parts orders from EAW last year or earlier.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:35:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.