ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: installed sound rates  (Read 2811 times)

Brendan Miele

installed sound rates
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

hi everyone,

I am looking at setting up a contract to do a leased install at a bar.  what is the usual rate and what is the best way to calculate my overhead for wear and tear, (basket and diapghram replacements, etc)  its not a big bar so it isn't a big system.  its just two peavey sp tops along with two peavey sp bottoms.  Also do i include the price of my sound tech etc,  any help on how this usually works would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: installed sound rates
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

any help on how this usually works would be greatly appreciated.
Are you providing the installation or are you leasing the equipment to the bar for someone else to install?  Is the scope of what you're offering limited to the speakers?  What is the "sound tech" doing and what are their background and skills?  Overall, if you don't know how to do it or what to charge then is it a good business decision to offer it?

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:44 pm »

Many pitfalls in leasing gear, but here are a few other points of interest from my previous experience. Charge for the install, including labor and materials that are specific to the install. This should be paid upfront. If you are providing the proper gear for the application there should be no need for repairs. Make certain you get a waiver from the actual landlord listing the equipment.
Labor rates are basically as much as you can charge, but will probably need to be comparable to what others charge in your area, as this differs wildly from region to region.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »

Labor rates are basically as much as you can charge, but will probably need to be comparable to what others charge in your area, as this differs wildly from region to region.
What is charged should be comparable if the quality of work, experience, professionalism and so on being offered are also comparable, otherwise the reates may differ greatly.

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:11:21 am »

Quite right, Brad. Rates around here vary from $20 to $125 per hour.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:50 am »

Quite right, Brad. Rates around here vary from $20 to $125 per hour.
And it depends on the duties of hte "sound tech".  If that is for system alignment-rates may range from $100-200/hr or more.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:50 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.