ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a problem with subs....  (Read 20926 times)

Demetrius Garland

Re: Having a problem with subs....
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »

How about trying AUX Fed subs, feed just kick drum and bass guitar and maybe keyboards. Don't put an EQ in the chain. See if that works any better.

You know what...I never thought about that, I did that at one other church and it worked pretty good. I will try that as well with the other suggestions im receiving. Im not sure why it was ran from the mono out anyway...Idk, not something I would have done. I also suggested that high just get a 2way crossover and run it that way, the way I consider normal, but he is stuckon controlling subs from the mixer...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »

I also suggested that high just get a 2way crossover and run it that way, the way I consider normal, but he is stuckon controlling subs from the mixer...

His opinion and stubborness, along with some questionable-appearing use EQ and signal path, will doom him to failure.  He's asking for your help but refusing your advice.

Run away.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Demetrius Garland

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »

His opinion and stubborness, along with some questionable-appearing use EQ and signal path, will doom him to failure.  He's asking for your help but refusing your advice.

Run away.

Unfortunately...that is true!!!  So I just need to basically do what I know to do, and if he doesent want it that way then I cant help him. I mean...alot of times I second guess myself, or try to find ways around it. I guess this is what happens when you do.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

On the EQ everything ABOVE 120khz is turned down, and between 20khz-120khz its set in a frown shape with 60khz being the highest set freq on the EQ. Yeah with the powered sub...samething, you couldnt hear it at all really. You literally would have to be like 3-5feet in front of it. With the powered sub we ran it directly to the sub from the mixer because it already had a built in crossover...and it performed way better when we demo'd it at Guitar Center.
You are getting your freq confused.  You CONTINUALLY are putting in freq that we simply cannot hear.

It is not a matter of "being in the highs" but completely out of our hearing range.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »

You know what...I never thought about that, I did that at one other church and it worked pretty good. I will try that as well with the other suggestions im receiving. Im not sure why it was ran from the mono out anyway...Idk, not something I would have done. I also suggested that high just get a 2way crossover and run it that way, the way I consider normal, but he is stuckon controlling subs from the mixer...
Running the subs on a seperate control is very common-IF you know how to run it-And the system is setup properly.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Having a problem with subs....
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

Nevermind!

Demetrius Garland

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »

You are getting your freq confused.  You CONTINUALLY are putting in freq that we simply cannot hear.

It is not a matter of "being in the highs" but completely out of our hearing range.

No...Im not getting them confused, im just typing them out wrong. Im at work as a cable installer and I deal with frequencies of different kind and decibels all day from hz to khz, to mhz to ghz. Im just multi-tasking and typing them incorrect on accident. I know 20hz isnt audible I was just stating how to EQ was set by the church. Obviously I didnt mean 20khz-120khz...but I pretty sure the get the idea when talking about low-end frequencies. Thanks alot for your input though.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »

No...Im not getting them confused, im just typing them out wrong. Im at work as a cable installer and I deal with frequencies of different kind and decibels all day from hz to khz, to mhz to ghz. Im just multi-tasking and typing them incorrect on accident. I know 20hz isnt audible I was just stating how to EQ was set by the church. Obviously I didnt mean 20khz-120khz...but I pretty sure the get the idea when talking about low-end frequencies. Thanks alot for your input though.

I will be happy to come out and check everything. I bill at 120 k$ per hour, if that is ok.
Jay Barracato

Demetrius Garland

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »

I will be happy to come out and check everything. I bill at 120 k$ per hour, if that is ok.

Lol...Im not sure, but I think I can hire and fly someone in for just a little less....Ok much less!!!

James A. Griffin

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »

$120,000 per hour seems a bit steep, even though you might be quite good at what you do.

;-)
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.