ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF HDL 20 D-Line v/x DAS Aero 12-a  (Read 10928 times)

Nathan K. Blankenship

RCF HDL 20 D-Line v/x DAS Aero 12-a
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:59 pm »

We are a touring rock act doing mostly wedding receptions and corporate events.  Front and rear truss w/ lifts, Mac 250 Kryptons, LED's, blinders, backing pair of 50" plasmas, haze, etc.  Usually ballroom, country club room, outdoor tents.  200-500 guests.  Due to weight requirements, we would be limited (for now) to a 4 box hang per side using Applied L-16 for the front and are considering the RCF HD 20 or the DAS Aero 12a.  Both are within budget and I've never heard either one, but a friend is steering me toward the DAS system.  His company has a 20 box system.  I've used the Dynacord XA ground stacked system in every situation you can imagine.  Great hi-fi system, but long throw and narrow coverage.  With the new system, I would like to avoid this problem, along with the problem of using center fills.  Since we will be using a flown system for every event, I want to know if anyone can give me the pro's/con's of either of these systems.  By the way, we will be using QSC Wideline GP218 subs in, more than likely, 2 side by side centered on floor below stage for our subs.  Thank you for any input you may have.

Ramiro Garcia

Re: RCF HDL 20 D-Line v/x DAS Aero 12-a
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

As DAS 12a owner, I'm happy with the speakers, nothing but compliments from clients. We own 22 12A and are waiting for DASnet version to pick up two more. I think they are great speakers for the price.  With 4 per side depending on taste you will need to eq the high end as it dominates. The array smooths out around 6 to 8 speakers. We built our own wheel carts 4 stack high with covers.  We stack and fly 4 per side on lifts all the time.  I've done over 30 shows with 4 per side with country, rap, jazz, rock, raves, and Mexican Artist using a  6 X 12 trailer for small shows.  If you have any direct question about DAS let me know.  I can't comment on RCF speakers but I heard them at a demo and was very pleased with their sound.  I did not ask for pricing to calculate ROI.    Depending on the size of the stage and location of listeners center fill might be needed as it is a 90 degree box.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
RCF HDL 20 D-Line v/x DAS Aero 12-a
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »

Just heard them for the first time at infocomm , very nice and smooth and the vocals sounded clear and tonally "correct" , the rigging etc is nice and easy to deploy. Box is constructed very well being a composite. We have pricing if u are interested.  I would have given these serious consideration if we had not just upgraded to db technologies T12's
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:13:39 pm »

Let me see if another of my posts will end up deleted for stating my honest opinion.

The new RCF HD20 box uses stamped basket LF drivers. That in my book is far from a professional product. Especially for the price they are marketing it.

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 06:09:17 am »

i also have to replace my sutff with smth more professional

Karlaa, what you need is to change your alias to your full and real name or you will be banned.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:11:39 am »

Let me see if another of my posts will end up deleted for stating my honest opinion.

The new RCF HD20 box uses stamped basket LF drivers. That in my book is far from a professional product. Especially for the price they are marketing it.

Marjan, the D-Line isn't a part of Touring & Theater series (the Pro line). 
For the cost of the speakers and the market they are aiming at, I dont think these buyers care about the 10 being a stamped steel speaker baskets.  RCF did it right by installing a PowerCon.

I am interested to hear how these will sound.  I am interested in 4 HDL20A stacked on top of the SUB8006AS.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:10 am »

I'm interested in the subs too. Also the 10 and 12" monitors.

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 06:17:31 am »

Deleted post
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:18:18 pm by Fernando Lopez »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 06:17:31 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.