ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Six iRemote for SMAART 7  (Read 9613 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Studio Six iRemote for SMAART 7
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »

Studio Six's iOS remote app for SMAART 7 hit the app store a week ago. I haven't tried it yet. Looks pretty slick.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
Re: Studio Six iRemote for SMAART 7
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »

Studio Six's iOS remote app for SMAART 7 hit the app store a week ago. I haven't tried it yet. Looks pretty slick.

I like the idea, but I am wondering what the difference between this and just using a VNC client to connect either iPhone or iPad to remote view smaart. This will also give you full mouse control if you need to adjust delay etc.

Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 02:47:55 AM »

I like the idea, but I am wondering what the difference between this and just using a VNC client to connect either iPhone or iPad to remote view smaart. This will also give you full mouse control if you need to adjust delay etc.
The SSD remote app allows one to choose which measurement engine is displayed on the screen, and also turn on/off the generator, and manipulate the delay time and turn on/off the delay tracking feature remotely.  It may be more efficient in updating the data on your iPad than a VNC client, since only measurement engine data is being transmitted over your wifi connection.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »

The SSD remote app allows one to choose which measurement engine is displayed on the screen, and also turn on/off the generator, and manipulate the delay time and turn on/off the delay tracking feature remotely.  It may be more efficient in updating the data on your iPad than a VNC client, since only measurement engine data is being transmitted over your wifi connection.

Does iRemote maintain the connection when backgrounded on the iPad?

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »

I haven't bought it yet, but I would expect SSD's iRemote to function when something else is in front on the analysis machine, i.e. the program running your system controller. Using the iPad as a second display should get you real-time response to your system changes without having to toggle back and forth between analysis and control programs on the laptop.

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »

Does iRemote maintain the connection when backgrounded on the iPad?
At present, no, but it's very quick to re-establish the connection with just one finger tap to select the Smaart 7 host.  Hopefully that gets addressed in an upcoming release.

Adam Black

• Rational Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »

Steven,

VNC clients certainly work well enough. The primary advantage of a dedicated remote application is having a UI that was designed for the smaller screen.

-A

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »

The SSD remote app allows one to choose which measurement engine is displayed on the screen, and also turn on/off the generator, and manipulate the delay time and turn on/off the delay tracking feature remotely.

Does it take advantage of multitouch?

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 12:10:07 AM »

Does it take advantage of multitouch?
If by multitouch you mean the ability to zoom, pan, or swipe a cursor on the screen, then yes.

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:20 AM »

I bought a Ipad and the remote . I "tested" it for a moment and it worked . Have to see how it works during a real live tuning (probably next week) .

I have not found the ability to save a measurement via the space bar yet if it's in there . Do not know so maybe anybody else who knows ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:20 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.