ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviom Retrofit?  (Read 2621 times)

Cory Ramsey

Aviom Retrofit?
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »

are the connection(s) on the side of the aviom mixer in the pic a retrofit? If so, or not so, what are they for?

[email protected]

• Traveling Monkey Sound
Re: Aviom Retrofit?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »

are the connection(s) on the side of the aviom mixer in the pic a retrofit? If so, or not so, what are they for?

Hard to see, perhaps it's an rj45 plug residing in an xlr sized locking shell?

They might have left the original connectors in place and passively split  the internal wires?
Anything that makes a noise is satisfactory to a crowd.

~Charles Dickens

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

I'd love to get a better look at it, what video was this from?

There is definitely enough space inside the housing for a few connectors on that side of the unit. Those look like locking connectors, Ethercon, XLR; could be a few things. The headphone(line out) output is on that back corner as well, so they may have just made a secondary audio output. I can say that it isn't an add on from AVIOM.

Casjan Berends

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »

I'd love to get a better look at it, what video was this from?

There is definitely enough space inside the housing for a few connectors on that side of the unit. Those look like locking connectors, Ethercon, XLR; could be a few things. The headphone(line out) output is on that back corner as well, so they may have just made a secondary audio output. I can say that it isn't an add on from AVIOM.

This screenshot is from a dutch radioshow. All live performences at the 3FM station are recorded at this 'playground'. Do a search on youtube for "3fm" or "Giel" (this particular show), and you'll find a lot of videos.

They have an LS9 in the controlbooth, which is outputting a few submixes to the aviom systems. Makes for easy setting up, which is nice if you're in there for a morning show:-)

Over here in Holland I've seen a lot of aviom systems with these connectors on the side, so many that for a long time I actually thought they were made like this. I Think the connectors are the standard Neutrik RJ45 connectors, built in a housing that fits the Aviom. There are only ethercon connectors on there, no extra audio. They rigged a headphone splitter below the panel to accomodate extra cans.....
I do not know where these connectors come from, I'll look into it. Musn't be too hard to find, since they are quite common over here.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:54:34 AM by Casjan Berends »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.