ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Antique" light fixture  (Read 7156 times)

Brian Larson

"Antique" light fixture
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »

Keep in mind these are the same pieces of junk that fill the house pipe of every high school theater in America.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-INDUSTRIAL-THEATRE-STUDIO-STAGE-LIGHTS-WITH-CLAMP-MOUNTING-/280900733670?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4166fd0ae6#ht_694wt_1015

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: "Antique" light fixture
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »

Keep in mind these are the same pieces of junk that fill the house pipe of every high school theater in America.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-INDUSTRIAL-THEATRE-STUDIO-STAGE-LIGHTS-WITH-CLAMP-MOUNTING-/280900733670?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4166fd0ae6#ht_694wt_1015
I have 6 of them I've been trying to sell on Craigslist for $70 total.  I clearly need to update my marketing vernacular.  "Patina".  "Antique".  "Re-wired".  Funny.

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »

I have 6 of them I've been trying to sell on Craigslist for $70 total.  I clearly need to update my marketing vernacular.  "Patina".  "Antique".  "Re-wired".  Funny.

Don't forget to add "used on last Guns & Roses tour" and add another $150.00

Time to sell my "vintage" Atlas round mic stand bases   ;D
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »

Patina, schmatina. 

"Carefully aged oxidized finish."
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »

I just sold a pair of 5K Mole Richardson for $200.00 (for the pair) and had to throw in 2 pipe clamps to close the deal and one had an actual brass tag "Disney Productions".

Regards,  John

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »

While there's no way I'd pay more than a few bucks for an old hunk of tin like that, I think it's a cool idea to put a screw base in them. Put a 100 watt A lamp in there and stick a rheostat on the back and have a pretty cool reading lamp....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »

I am impressed by the popularity of cable TV shows that star cottage industry guys who sweat bullets over whether or not their Patina is worth anything.  And there's always the eccentric junk store guy/zen master/expert to round out the entertainment factor.  Good for an odd night off.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

Take it to Antique Road Show and see what its really worth :)  Also, original vintage paint finish makes it worth more!

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »

Move decimal point 2 places to the left, invert the sign (disposal cost) and it's about right.
M

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »

It has a modern safety ground! you can see it entirely exposed, poorly wrapped around one of the conductors.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.