ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lighting workshops  (Read 2949 times)

Matt Tudor

• NW Iowa.
lighting workshops
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »

We got a new guy on staff and were looking at training and continuing ed. He's primarily going to be our lighting guy, about half our gigs are theater and half are concerts. Anyone know of a SynAudCon style resource that we can get him involved in? Online classes, weekend or week-long seminars, any ideas? All my web searches end up with architectural and commercial training. Be nice to keep it in the Midwest if possible, we've got a limited travel budget right now, but I'll take any ideas.
Thanks
Matt

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
Re: lighting workshops
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

What console/software are you running for lighting control?

What about virtual instruction?

DanGlass

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »

Matt,
What kind of training are you looking for?  Does he need to know how to program a console, setup lights, repair lights, rigging, all of the above.  There are some decent resources out there but it depends on what you need him to learn. 

Matt Tudor

• NW Iowa.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »

Matt,
What kind of training are you looking for?  Does he need to know how to program a console, setup lights, repair lights, rigging, all of the above.  There are some decent resources out there but it depends on what you need him to learn.

He's picking up patching the board and working with the lights. He's good at reading the manual and figuring things out from there. What I would like to get him (and maybe myself too) is more of the theory and/or design. We want to get away from trying things to see if some effect or color works. We want to know why it works (or not) so we can be better.
I'm also a big fan of continuing education. Even if we are comfy with what we do in our venues, I like the idea of learning about stuff other people do.

Matt Tudor

• NW Iowa.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »

What console/software are you running for lighting control?

What about virtual instruction?

Both venues here have ETC Elements with CD80 dimmer racks, one house is almost all Source 4 instruments, one is almost all older Strands. I'm not afraid of virtual instruction, if well put together, but hands-on, or at least classroom style, would be preferred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.