ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!! w/ dbx ZonePRO  (Read 5692 times)

Adam Pace

• Yarbrough's Music, Inc.
HELP!! w/ dbx ZonePRO
« on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

Alright, I'm going crazy. I have a dbx ZonePRO 641 and its about to go through the window. Has anyone used one of these before? I'm trying to get it to talk with Designer GUI and its proving incredibly unsuccessful.

Are these touchy units? Do I need super specific serial modems? Has anyone ran into issues communicating with these units before? Does it prefer a certain OS?

If you can help that would be awesome.

-Adam
Adam Pace
Productions Manager

Yarbrough's Music, Inc.
6122 Macon Road
Memphis, TN 38134

Phone: 901-761-0414
Fax: 901-257-7773
Email: [email protected]

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: HELP!! w/ dbx ZonePRO
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »

Alright, I'm going crazy. I have a dbx ZonePRO 641 and its about to go through the window. Has anyone used one of these before? I'm trying to get it to talk with Designer GUI and its proving incredibly unsuccessful.

Are these touchy units? Do I need super specific serial modems? Has anyone ran into issues communicating with these units before? Does it prefer a certain OS?

If you can help that would be awesome.

-Adam

You need a USB to Serial adaptor cable. dbx will sell you one if you can't find one locally. Their tech support has been good in the past about helping me connect to them. I've programmed about a dozen or more of them and after they walked me through connecting to the first one they've all just popped right up.

Adam Pace

• Yarbrough's Music, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »

You need a USB to Serial adaptor cable. dbx will sell you one if you can't find one locally. Their tech support has been good in the past about helping me connect to them. I've programmed about a dozen or more of them and after they walked me through connecting to the first one they've all just popped right up.

I have the USB-Serial Adapter. But the Adapter terminates male. As does the ZonePRO. Do you use a simple coupler or a Serial Modem. If so, which one?

This is where I think my problem is. What do you use?

-Adam
Adam Pace
Productions Manager

Yarbrough's Music, Inc.
6122 Macon Road
Memphis, TN 38134

Phone: 901-761-0414
Fax: 901-257-7773
Email: [email protected]

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »

I have the USB-Serial Adapter. But the Adapter terminates male. As does the ZonePRO. Do you use a simple coupler or a Serial Modem. If so, which one?

This is where I think my problem is. What do you use?

-Adam

You need a female to female db9 null modem cable (NOT a standard serial cable) as the pinout is crossed internally. It should have been included in the box and it is explained in the manual. If you need the cable I can mail you one, I have a few extras.

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »

There are a few things to do that could help:

1. Make sure you use a Null Modem Cable. As Scott mentioned this should have been with the 640/641. This cable should plug directly into your usb/ serial adapter but if you need to convert the gender, make sure whatever you use for an extension/ gender changer isn't also a Null Modem adapter. If it is, you will have a straight cable and it won't work like that. It would be best and you could rule out the cable if you only use the supplied cable.

2. In the program settings make sure you have the correct COM Port selected.

3. In the software go to "Network" then in that drop down "Address Tool", the software should discover your ZP.

I don't mind fielding a phone call either so if you need to give me a call 801 309 3055

Ryan
Ryan Davis

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.