ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LED Leko  (Read 13366 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: LED Leko
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »

Chauvet E190's for cheap, they may be just bright enough, white only.  The Selecon 4 engine fixtures are great, RGBW.  Brighter than that, look at VLX wash, but it's not a leko and thus doesn't do gobos. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Josh Daws

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »

Chauvet E190's for cheap, they may be just bright enough, white only.

these are an amazing product...extremely well built and great price! im about to hopefully install about 20 of these in a school of all places...lol

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »

$1200 - $1300 a piece, no color mixing. What is the CRI?  They look good in white, how do they handle gel.  You aren't too far from a source four lustr and that has built in color mixing. That said Chauvet has learned a lot from their little dj lights and makes some pretty impressive products at certain price points.... I use many, I'm just not sure this is one.  Especially at 280w. Output is similar to source 4 with 375w lamp....

Josh Daws

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 05:35:27 PM »

$1200 - $1300 a piece, no color mixing. What is the CRI?  They look good in white, how do they handle gel....I'm just not sure this is one.  Especially at 280w. Output is similar to source 4 with 375w lamp....

well i never tried it with a gel. however you can get from LEE Filters (rosco to i suppose) LED gel to change color temps.

also you are completely wrong about the output...it has the output close to a 650w lamp. not quite a 750w, but more output than a 575w. i did an comparison with the lamped versions as well.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »

I probably am wrong about output...  I saw it last at a trade show so unscientific comparison....

White led fixtures, for me, concert hall - yes, theater, not so sure.  I've gotten really inconsistent behavior with gel...  It's why I have leaned towards color mixing LEDs. Is their white brighter than a 575? No... But many times their lee201 is as bright, their lee 200 brighter, and something like a gam 850 is so much brighter you might not recognize the color....

Josh Daws

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »

Is their white brighter than a 575? No...

YES...this was really close to a 750w...not quite but close def brighter than a 575w. i suggest doing your own comparison before you start. the color temps are different for sure between fixtures, and i agree it lacks an obvious need for a VW, but its output certainly would at worst case be as bright as a 575w with a color correct gel.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.