ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus 24 channel remote report.  (Read 10108 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: Presonus 24 channel remote report.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 05:44:12 AM »

Now I just gotta find a way to fit a recliner into the truck so I can relax doing the mix...

Actually, with iPad remote control you need this reclliner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjd9BFh-7Y or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=wMKpe8ExRP4
Mark McFarlane

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »

Originally I had this in mind:

http://www.ekornes.com/us/stressless-recliners/tables-accessories

They only cost about what the board goes for...

But now a motorized recliner....it even has a remote control! : ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:03:44 AM by Bob Cap »

James A. Griffin

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »

My only gripe is at the Ipad end of things, my big fat fingers sometimes end up adjusting things that I don't really want to adjust. This is not so much a problem on the channel fader screen, but tweeking the auxes can be a bit finnicky.

This is why the stylus was invented.  $8 at Office Depot / Best Buy.   Or $0.99 each on eBay, which includes shipping from China.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

MARK PAVLETICH

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »

This is why the stylus was invented.  $8 at Office Depot / Best Buy.   Or $0.99 each on eBay, which includes shipping from China.
[/quot

I have seen Mikes SL24 & PC combined device. Its a very clever and tidy  piece of work. Only thing that might have improved it would have been a bulit in Mac Mini......... But then again I'm biased.

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »

I use much the same setup and it works fairly flawlessly. My only gripe is at the Ipad end of things, my big fat fingers sometimes end up adjusting things that I don't really want to adjust. This is not so much a problem on the channel fader screen, but tweeking the auxes can be a bit finnicky. In order to minimise the FOH footprint and loose the laptop, I built a PC into the SL24.

Wow. That looks like a great example of user engineering and fabrication. Can you show photos of it folded up plus a shot from the rear ?  Did you do the metal work yourself (with what ?) or farm that out ?

Nice job.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Brett Keller

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 04:14:55 AM »

I love mixing FOH on the iPad, but one issue I had at an outdoor show recently is that in the heat of the June sun, the iPad would overheat, and read "Temperature" on the screen. After a few minutes back in the shade it would cool down and start working again.

My main problem with this is that the PreSonus doesn't have motorized faders, and in order to keep things from getting confusing, I always keep the faders all the way down and rely on the iPad entirely for FOH levels. If the iPad overheats I have to break my system or not make any adjustments while I wait for it to cool down. There is of course the fader locate function, but I really hate the way it works. It takes forever to copy a complete mix, and if you just start turning faders up, the signal is momentarily dropped down to zero.

Overall, I have very positive feelings about the board and using the iPad with it, so hope this post doesn't seem like Im getting down on it too hard.

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »

Wow. That looks like a great example of user engineering and fabrication. Can you show photos of it folded up plus a shot from the rear ?
Here it is in the box - the only slightly tricky bit is the locking pegs in the ends of the tube on which the monitor is mounted (uses recycled butterfly
mic clip springs and capscrews with the heads modified)
  Did you do the metal work yourself (with what ?) or farm that out ?
The only farmed out bit was the anodizing - the rest was basement metal bashing (lathe,mill,folder,guillotine,flypress,various power saws,file etc)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Presonus 24 channel remote report.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »

Wow that is one hell of a mod! Have you posted this on the Presonus forums? They'll eat it up!

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »

I use much the same setup and it works fairly flawlessly. My only gripe is at the Ipad end of things, my big fat fingers sometimes end up adjusting things that I don't really want to adjust. This is not so much a problem on the channel fader screen, but tweeking the auxes can be a bit finnicky. In order to minimise the FOH footprint and loose the laptop, I built a PC into the SL24.

VERY slick setup.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »

If you switch the metering on the board to "GR", gain reduction, it shows up on the iPad. I haven't found a way to toggle from the iPad, though.

Same here.  Plus, on the little board (16.0.2) there's no way to visually check master and/or AUX comp levels on the board or the IPad.  Annoying, but not critical.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.