ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the most out of Danley TH 115s???  (Read 10670 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Getting the most out of Danley TH 115s???
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »

Since this is an install though you might want to just go the NL4 route and run the extra cable if you don't want to have to do all the NL8 conversions. If you ran two 4 conductor NL4 cables to each side and went with the previous diagram idea then you could just add another amp and make another jumper if you ever wanted to get a 4th pair of subs.

Wow, thats intense, but I get it..  Thanks so much for the detailed drawing!!!  I think I will stay with the first plan and just use the other amp for the 3rd one coming.....  And yes I will most likely add another pair in the future- ha ha...
Thanks again.. 
Just one question;
Will this affect the power from amp going into the subs from using the jumper??  Will it decrease the power is what im asking..  Thanks
For an install I would do just that-keep it simple.  Just once cable from each cabinet ot each channel of the sub amp.

In a portable situation there are other setups that might make more sense-but why confuse things since it will offer no advantage to the particular situation.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »

For an install I would do just that-keep it simple.  Just once cable from each cabinet ot each channel of the sub amp.

In a portable situation there are other setups that might make more sense-but why confuse things since it will offer no advantage to the particular situation.

Seconded. But no you would not lose power as each channel from the amp is powering each sub.

Gene Flynn

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »

Seconded. But no you would not lose power as each channel from the amp is powering each sub.
So I went in and changed the amp to Y and hooked it up as mentioned..  I left the gains the same, and I have to say- I am getting more out of them..  Maybe in my head but man they sound better then they did in "stereo"
Thanks a bunch guys!!!!!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »

So I went in and changed the amp to Y and hooked it up as mentioned..  I left the gains the same, and I have to say- I am getting more out of them..  Maybe in my head but man they sound better then they did in "stereo"
Thanks a bunch guys!!!!!
Also, try setting the subs up all together rather than "left-right". The L/R setup is suitable if you need to spread the low end over a wide area.
If possible, try them in a row end to end in front of the stage or dance floor or stack pairs end to end.
This couples them together and it makes a difference.
I have used 16 TH115s stacked in pairs and end to end in front of the stage.
Killer!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Gene Flynn

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »

Also, try setting the subs up all together rather than "left-right". The L/R setup is suitable if you need to spread the low end over a wide area.
If possible, try them in a row end to end in front of the stage or dance floor or stack pairs end to end.
This couples them together and it makes a difference.
I have used 16 TH115s stacked in pairs and end to end in front of the stage.
Killer!
Keith, I only have a 20' wall for the speakers.  I had the subs 4 in a row in the center, and now they are L/R 2 per side.  I couldn't tell that much difference.  Probably because of the 20' space.  I am added 2 more and will do 3 per side..  At that point there will only be about 4' between the sides- ha ha...
Did you strap them together??  I was thinking of doing this!??

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.