ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone out there using Blizzard Rocklite RGBAW fixtures?  (Read 3927 times)

Randall Hyde

Anyone out there using Blizzard Rocklite RGBAW fixtures?
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »

I just bought some Blizzard Rocklite RGBAW fixtures. Seemed like a great deal -- lots of light, decent price, RGBAW output.  I do have some minor issues with the layout of the individual LED colors, but nothing I can't live with as I do mainly concert lighting and don't require the strict color mixing you'd get with 3-1 or 4-1 LEDs.

HOWEVER, I do seem to be having an issue that almost eliminates the usefulness of these fixtures. Under DMX control, when I instantly dim a particular color to 0%, the Rocklite fixture seems to take two seconds to dim it (rather than the instantaneous blackout I get from that same DMX board with every other fixture I own). Needless to say, I can't do chases, blackouts, cuts, etc., with the fixture behaving this way (which, as I already said, almost eliminates the usefulness of this device).

Does anyone have any experience with these fixtures? Is there some mode setting I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong?  I'm  pretty sure it's not the board (I tested this with an Elation Stage Setter 48, which works just fine on other fixtures).  I have a huge show on July 4th and I need to figure out, right away, whether these fixtures are going to work for me (or not) so I can send them back and get something else (in time to program the show) before I run out of time.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Randall Hyde

Re: Anyone out there using Blizzard Rocklite RGBAW fixtures?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »

I just bought some Blizzard Rocklite RGBAW fixtures. Seemed like a great deal -- lots of light, decent price, RGBAW output.  I do have some minor issues with the layout of the individual LED colors, but nothing I can't live with as I do mainly concert lighting and don't require the strict color mixing you'd get with 3-1 or 4-1 LEDs.

HOWEVER, I do seem to be having an issue that almost eliminates the usefulness of these fixtures. Under DMX control, when I instantly dim a particular color to 0%, the Rocklite fixture seems to take two seconds to dim it (rather than the instantaneous blackout I get from that same DMX board with every other fixture I own). Needless to say, I can't do chases, blackouts, cuts, etc., with the fixture behaving this way (which, as I already said, almost eliminates the usefulness of this device).

Does anyone have any experience with these fixtures? Is there some mode setting I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong?  I'm  pretty sure it's not the board (I tested this with an Elation Stage Setter 48, which works just fine on other fixtures).  I have a huge show on July 4th and I need to figure out, right away, whether these fixtures are going to work for me (or not) so I can send them back and get something else (in time to program the show) before I run out of time.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Follow up:
Blizzard Lighting technical support got back to me within a couple of hours of emailing them. Bravo.
Here's their reply:

Hello Randy,

Yes, this is because of the 16-bit dimming. Set them to dimming mode 0, and they will fade out immediately.

Thanks,
Will

Will Komassa
BLIZZARD LIGHTING, LLC

Must offer them kudos for good customer service.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Scott Flaws

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »

Will is a great guy and will treat you right. They sell a good product at great pricing. They are on top of their support and get back to you quickly. high kudos to them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.