ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "auto-patch" or manual...?  (Read 3096 times)

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
"auto-patch" or manual...?
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »

Been using the Showdesigner 1 for awhile (small shows) and would like to know how others are working these units.

For the types of shows we do, there’s a very good possibility that I won’t need to use (or bring along) all the lighting I have access to (it’s not much).  Some shows may only be PAR cans on dimmer packs; and another show may be less PAR cans but a few intelligent lighting fixtures (depends on who is bringing lights).  Rarely would each show have (or need) the same type of lighting as another show.

Question is - for fixture addressing, should we be  using the “auto-patch” feature, or assigning manually?  I can see the benefit of both (relatively speaking), but wasn’t sure if one is actually better than the other.  We’ve tried both ways, and seem to be leaning more toward manual addressing for how we are using the controller.  Is there a better or more correct way that we should be looking at?

duane massey

Re: "auto-patch" or manual...?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:11:03 AM »

There is no "correct" method, just what works for your application. I use the "auto" mode more often than "manual", but it really depends upon the situation. The auto-patch will be the quickest way to set up, but it may not be the most convenient.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »

Thanks Duane!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.