ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Controller?  (Read 7496 times)

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
DMX Controller?
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

My church is looking for a way of remotely controlling the 10 LED strips on our stage. We have control over the other lights in the sanctuary, but it doesn't have any room left to add the LEDs. We need a controller that has red, green, blue, and brightness control. We're not exactly sure what all is out there. Is there an affordable way to do this?
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

duane massey

Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
Re: DMX Controller?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »

I like http://www.mega-lite.com/prolight/dmxcont.php While not as cheap as AmericanDJ. They have software that has been design for use by volunteers. And they make everything in Texas, not China.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »

I just bought the same controller. Less than $70. It seems to work fine for set and leave functions.
Jay Barracato

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:06:40 AM »

Jason, a word of caution. Make certain your fixtures can be run in 3-channel (RGB) mode before you buy the ADJ controller, as it is designed to work only with fixtures that will respond in that fashion.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 01:23:29 AM »

lol whoops, one of our other techs has informed me that a controller is not what we are looking for, but rather the thing on the other end, to power the lights. Which makes sense, as we already use the program Bluelite to control the other lights.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:24:40 AM by Jason Lucas »

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »

The "thing" on the other end? This could be a power supply, a dmx-12v interface, or both. More info is needed, maybe a pic (close-up) of the actual fixture. I'm guessing these are led strips, not actual light fixtures, and (if so) there are several different types with different requirements.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:01:36 PM »

The "thing" on the other end? This could be a power supply, a dmx-12v interface, or both. More info is needed, maybe a pic (close-up) of the actual fixture. I'm guessing these are led strips, not actual light fixtures, and (if so) there are several different types with different requirements.
Ah okay, I didn't know it was  complicated. I'll talk to one of the guys who knows more about the setup. I'm more of an audio guy.

I'm almost certain this is what we use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-300leds-3528-RGB-Non-Waterproof-Flexible-Strip-Lights-24Key-IR-Controller-New-/160787826974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256fb3891e

We have 10 separate strips.

duane massey

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »

Jason, I've installed a bunch of this stuff lately. If you can get any details on what you have (power supply, control interface, etc) I can probably tell you what you need. Should be very little $$ involved if I am correct.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »

Jason, I've installed a bunch of this stuff lately. If you can get any details on what you have (power supply, control interface, etc) I can probably tell you what you need. Should be very little $$ involved if I am correct.
right now the LED strips are powered by wall warts plugged into power strips. They're currently being controlled by the little plastic remotes they came with. The remotes are limited to roughly 10 ft.

The rest of the lights (house lights and the stage lights) are powered by "Bluelite": http://www.innovateshowcontrols.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.