ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SC48 repair  (Read 9597 times)

Terry Fryar

• Wyard Audio
SC48 repair
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »

Anyone know of a good digi-authorized repair center down in Nashville?  Got an SC48 that freaks out when you bump it on the right front corner (where the motherboard is).  Gotta be a loose ribbon cable or memory card, but we've reseated all that we can find...still doing it.  When you lightly thump it with your fist, it goes into backup mode and the screen turns into "hash", like an old tv set with rabbit ears.

Thanks!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: SC48 repair
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »

Anyone know of a good digi-authorized repair center down in Nashville?  Got an SC48 that freaks out when you bump it on the right front corner (where the motherboard is).  Gotta be a loose ribbon cable or memory card, but we've reseated all that we can find...still doing it.  When you lightly thump it with your fist, it goes into backup mode and the screen turns into "hash", like an old tv set with rabbit ears.

Thanks!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en210711

Looks like Allpro electronics in Nashville.
(615) 259-9963
Jay Barracato

Sheldon Radford

• Avid VENEU Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »

Anyone know of a good digi-authorized repair center down in Nashville? 
Hi Terry,

Give the VENUE support line a call at 650-731-6111. They may have some ideas on what could be causing the issue, and can also point you to folks in Nashville who can help.

Sheldon Radford
Avid

Terry Fryar

• Wyard Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »

Thanks Sheldon!  We'll give them a call if I can find my support id number....

Hi Terry,

Give the VENUE support line a call at 650-731-6111. They may have some ideas on what could be causing the issue, and can also point you to folks in Nashville who can help.

Sheldon Radford
Avid

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »

Thanks Sheldon!  We'll give them a call if I can find my support id number....

All you need is the serial number from the desk... and maybe not even that.  I've never had an Avid tech ask for anything else.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »

All you need is the serial number from the desk... and maybe not even that.  I've never had an Avid tech ask for anything else.

The same cannot be said of Avid video editing products ;)
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »

The same cannot be said of Avid video editing products ;)
What is this "video" you speak of, stranger?  LOL
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Terry Fryar

• Wyard Audio
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »

Maybe I wasn't calling the right number, but I ended up in phone automation hell during my first call.  We had this problem at the start of a multi-day event and when I called avid, I couldn't find any human beings...I just kept getting run around the phone system.  The tech support option required I enter my support number before it would pass me through.  I tried several other options and never got a human being on the phone, so I gave up!  It was quite frustrating to say the least....

(UPDATE)

Well...called the venue number and got a guy right off the bat.  I might have been stuck on the protools support side of the avid house the other day....????  I think we're gonna reseat the memory sticks......

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:48:33 PM by Terry Fryar »

Terry Fryar

• Wyard Audio
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »

For anyone with this similar issue with their SC48...I will share my experience.  The repair shop and the avid guys insisted it was RAM or the hard drive.  Turns out, it was the tip from a TRS cable lodged under the motherboard!!!  Any transit would cause it to "skitter around" in there, so bumping the console may or may not have caused a crash.

So...if you ever notice you lost the tip from your headphone cable...BE SURE to check out the inside of the jack or search the bottom of the inside of the console case to find it...DO NOT let it float around in there!!!

Maybe I wasn't calling the right number, but I ended up in phone automation hell during my first call.  We had this problem at the start of a multi-day event and when I called avid, I couldn't find any human beings...I just kept getting run around the phone system.  The tech support option required I enter my support number before it would pass me through.  I tried several other options and never got a human being on the phone, so I gave up!  It was quite frustrating to say the least....

(UPDATE)

Well...called the venue number and got a guy right off the bat.  I might have been stuck on the protools support side of the avid house the other day....????  I think we're gonna reseat the memory sticks......

Robert Pham

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:41 AM »

One of my SC48 displays this message " This system has measured a voltage out of specifications" "
" Your system might need to be serviced"
Do i need to take it in for check up?
It's been like that for a year, how serious is that message.
thanks
Robert

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:41 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.