ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which "PAR" CAN would be good...?  (Read 12786 times)

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.

DanGlass

Re: Which "PAR" CAN would be good...?
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

Two years ago I made the leap from traditional PAR's to LED's for my stage wash.  it was a very nerve racking experience to figure out which fixture would be right for me.  After buying a few different versions and being able to test them in real world enviorments I settled on the Chauvet Tri LED PAR 64 in chrome and I cant tell you how happy I have been.  It is true what others have posted that getting a good white is not quite possible but you can get pretty close depending on the enviorment.  I now use a mix of the Chauvet Tri LED PAR's and their white LED pars that you can mix color temperatures on.  The combination has worked out beautifully.  Before (and even now) I had the white LED version if I needed to get a good white stage wash I would simply add some 1/4 CTO gel to the pars I wanted to produce white and that adjusted the color temp enough to get around the issue.  This allowed me to continue to only buy the Tri version and still meet the demands of the live shows.  The output of the Tri version is spectacular and can wash out the stages you are describing without any issues.  The only negative issue I have with the white version is that because the fixture is a "short nose" is has a slightly blotchy beam spread but again I just a dd a very light diffusion and it smooths it out .  You may find that at times you will need to add a little diffusion to the PAR's simply for the fact that the talent on the stage will find the multi point output of the fixture to be hard on their eyes.  If you have a lower ceiling or cant get the height iat a certain show the lights will be like staring into a bunch of flashlights with all of the dots. 

On another note: the Stage Designer will not be enough of a console depending on how you want to run the lights.  Each fixture takes a minimum of 3 channels ( I run mine in 7 channel mode) so the more channels you have the more individual control you have.  If you are honetly just going for a simple stage wash and you dont mind some of the fixtures doing the same thing at the same time it should be fine but you will be very suporised how fast the channels get used up.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback!

I read someplace else about using diffusion filters.  Any recommendation on what to use...  Is one brand better than another?  Is there a certain diffuser number to use (vs. one to avoid)?

In the amount of lighting that I've done, there's never been a need for diffusion.  I'm very green in this area.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.