ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VTX OR V DOSC Line Array System ?  (Read 14214 times)

santoshkateja

VTX OR V DOSC Line Array System ?
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »

Which one is better option JBL vtx series or L-acoustics V Dosc Box ? Requirement is Rental for Shows in North India . Please Suggest Option in Amps for Vdosc Boxes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:08:34 PM by santoshkateja »

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
Re: VTX OR V DOSC Line Array System ?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »

Which one is better option JBL vtx series or L-acoustics V Dosc Box ? Requirement is Rental for Shows in North India . Please Suggest Option in Amps for Vdosc Boxes.

What a nice problem to have! I have yet to use a VTX rig yet but hear its awesome.

Brad Donaldson

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:38:28 AM »

V Dosc packages their speaker systems with their own amplifiers.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »

JBL VTXs will be packaged with the new crown 4x3500 and V5 presets.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 05:57:52 AM »

There are probably only a handful of people who have mixed on both systems.  VTX is very new.  VDOSC are over ten years old and have been replaced as the flagship L'acoustics speaker by the K1.

DSP has come a long way since VDOSC was introduced, and though they sound fantastic with LA8 amps, I think that a speaker designed with the knowledge of what corrections are available in DSP should offer advantages over one that was not.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »

Hello,

I think that it's a toss-up, that either (K1 or VTX) can be made to sound about the same.... but, I think the biggest factor in the decision may come down to what is easier to purchase and get replacement parts for in your area.  I don't think that anyone would necessarily turn down using either of these systems.

Good Luck,
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Dale West

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

Hello,
At the end of the day if the purpose is for rentals then I would think demand (present and predictable future) and upfront cost would be the driving force.
As for my opinion the VTX system kills the VDOCS as it should. As stated above its ten years of advancements in R&D, DSP, and good old design experiance. Not to mention a major part of the LAcoustics team is now at JBL.
The real comparison is between K1 and VTX.  I have not personally mixed on the K1 but I hear great things. It is my opinion that at that level of quality its hard to say a bad thing about either. If you cant make it sound sound great on either PA system then.... it's not the gears fault.
As for amp purchase, both companies will lock you into amp packages. JBL offers their "VRack" it can either have iTech 12000 HD's or iTech3500's. The rack loaded with 12000's is going to give you the most out of the system but it is a much higher initial investment.
Cheers and happy purchasing!
http://flagsystemsinc.com/

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »

As stated above its ten years of advancements in R&D, DSP, and good old design experiance.  system but it is a much higher initial investment.
Dale,

Excuse me, but VDOSC was introduced in 1992,  20 years ago by my calendar.

Of course, whether there have been only 10 years of "advancement" in the last 20 years is open to debate.

Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.