ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTI-150 lamps  (Read 1959 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
HTI-150 lamps
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:42 am »

I need to order some HTI-150 lamps.

I see that they range in price from under $40 each to over $140 each (street prices).

Any comments on them or suggestions?
I suspect that the Osram ones are the top of the line but do I need to spend that much?

thanks
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Michael Creviston

Re: HTI-150 lamps
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

I need to order some HTI-150 lamps.

I see that they range in price from under $40 each to over $140 each (street prices).

Any comments on them or suggestions?
I suspect that the Osram ones are the top of the line but do I need to spend that much?

thanks

My experience with these lamps are not unlike everything else... you get what you pay for. I've always preferred the (more expensive) Phillips lamps over anything else. Anything else I've tried haven't lasted as long. You'll also want to pay attention to the lamp's color temp. Some of them have warmer color temps, so the whites don't look as bright and clean.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

p.s. I've seen (haven't tried) that some fixtures have mod kits that allow you to use the CDM-150 lamps, which are larger and last wayyy longer... 6000 (rated) hours!

-Mike

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: HTI-150 lamps
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.