ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: SL Remote app not connecting to Universal Control  (Read 16435 times)

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
SL Remote app not connecting to Universal Control
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »

I've already scanned the presonus forums and no success. 

My iPad sees the StudioLive 24.4.2, Universal Control software sees the iPad but when I try to select my mixer and push "connect" nothing happens.
I've reinstalled all software on MacBook pro and iPad,
checked for latest firmware
disabled virus protection and firewall.

Anyone else have this issue? What was the solution?

One other thing.  The iPad remote used to work great but after the last UC software, firmware and SL remote update it quite working.

Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
d.b.a. Central Ohio Sound
www.centralohiosound.com

Dave Bednarski

Re: SL Remote app not connecting to Universal Control
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »

"Force Quit" all your apps by double clicking the "home" button at the bottom, then pressing and holding on one off the app icons still they shake w/ red minus signs. 

Then force reload the iPad by pressing and holding the bottom "home" button and holding the top close bottom at the same time, hold them until it... restarts on its own (10-15 seconds). 

This works for me when things get goofy with mine - I've always attributed it to having to much shit running. 

---
I am running the SL24, with UC on Mac... 2 iPads connected, Remote on 1 and QMix on other, plus 2 iPhones w/ QMix for the girls IEM on stage.  About 16 gigs in, in this config, very happy, no glitches.  Another one last night, http://www.flickr.com/photos/feb31st/7326620562/in/photostream !

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »

Thanks for the tip. That wasn't suggested on the Presonus forum.  I don't know when the last time my iPad has been rebooted, maybe never or at the time of the last OS update.
Another suggestion I found was to reformat the iPad and restore from iTunes.  I really don't want to do anything that extreme but i need this to work. 

I'll post the solution here whenever I get it working.

"Force Quit" all your apps by double clicking the "home" button at the bottom, then pressing and holding on one off the app icons still they shake w/ red minus signs. 

Then force reload the iPad by pressing and holding the bottom "home" button and holding the top close bottom at the same time, hold them until it... restarts on its own (10-15 seconds). 

This works for me when things get goofy with mine - I've always attributed it to having to much shit running. 

---
I am running the SL24, with UC on Mac... 2 iPads connected, Remote on 1 and QMix on other, plus 2 iPhones w/ QMix for the girls IEM on stage.  About 16 gigs in, in this config, very happy, no glitches.  Another one last night, http://www.flickr.com/photos/feb31st/7326620562/in/photostream !
Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
www.centralohiosound.com

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »

Another suggestion I found was to reformat the iPad and restore from iTunes.  I really don't want to do anything that extreme but i need this to work. 

That probably won't resolve it.  A hard reboot will clean up any iPad related items.  Beyond that... swap out the router or hard reset that... get it connecting then add on your security layers.

jamesrbrown

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

I deleted the SL-Remote app. Reloaded the app. Then I rebooted my iPad as suggested....works great now.

Thanks!!!!

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »

I've tried a different iPad and had exactly the same result.  I think the macbook may be the problem not the iPad in this situation.  No matter what kind of wireless network I use the iPad always sees my StudioLive with the correct ip address but just spins a wheel and doesn't connect.
Since the original post I've downgraded to previous version of Universal Control with no success so re-upgraded to the current version with still no success.

I deleted the SL-Remote app. Reloaded the app. Then I rebooted my iPad as suggested....works great now.

Thanks!!!!
Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
www.centralohiosound.com

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:11:03 AM »

I've tried a different iPad and had exactly the same result.  I think the macbook may be the problem not the iPad in this situation.  No matter what kind of wireless network I use the iPad always sees my StudioLive with the correct ip address but just spins a wheel and doesn't connect.
Since the original post I've downgraded to previous version of Universal Control with no success so re-upgraded to the current version with still no success.

All of your versions line up?  Latest iPad, UC... drivers on the board? 

Pedro Rivas

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

Hello!  I am wondering if you were ever able to resolve this problem (Alex Thompson).  I am having the same issue, where the ipad sees StudioLive but then won't connect.  If you came up with a solution, please let me know or post in the discussion!

Thanks, Pedro
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:17:11 PM by Pedro Rivas »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

Hello!  I am wondering

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »

I've already scanned the presonus forums and no success. 

My iPad sees the StudioLive 24.4.2, Universal Control software sees the iPad but when I try to select my mixer and push "connect" nothing happens.
I've reinstalled all software on MacBook pro and iPad,
checked for latest firmware
disabled virus protection and firewall.

Anyone else have this issue? What was the solution?

One other thing.  The iPad remote used to work great but after the last UC software, firmware and SL remote update it quite working.

Happened to me too but on an mac mini, right after a firmware update.  turns out the FireWire can go flaky during the re-flash process and not totally write to the ROMS.  A solution was posted a while back on the Presonus forums to do the firmware update twice. People with PCs had more issues since firewire chipsets will vary.  I just Flash the firmware 3 times just to be on the safe side.

Alex Thompson

• Central Ohio Sound
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »

Hello!  I am wondering if you were ever able to resolve this problem (Alex Thompson).  I am having the same issue, where the ipad sees StudioLive but then won't connect.  If you came up with a solution, please let me know or post in the discussion!

Thanks, Pedro

I wouldn't say I solved the problem but I was able to eliminate my iPad and Studiolive as the problem.  I've tried a couple different computers in place of my older MacBook Pro and they worked great.  No problem with my iPad or band members iPhones connecting.

I never got a reply from Presonus about what hidden settings on my computer may have caused the failure to connect.  Overall I am very disappointed in the help offered by Presonus. If they have software that they wrote with certain hidden settings that must be set a certain way, they should know what they are.  Their best help was format my hard drive and reinstall my OS.  My next digital will be Soundcraft, Allen & Heath or Yamaha.
Alex Thompson
Joy Audio Visual, LLC
www.centralohiosound.com

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »

I wouldn't say I solved the problem but I was able to eliminate my iPad and Studiolive as the problem.  I've tried a couple different computers in place of my older MacBook Pro and they worked great.  No problem with my iPad or band members iPhones connecting.

I never got a reply from Presonus about what hidden settings on my computer may have caused the failure to connect.  Overall I am very disappointed in the help offered by Presonus. If they have software that they wrote with certain hidden settings that must be set a certain way, they should know what they are.  Their best help was format my hard drive and reinstall my OS.  My next digital will be Soundcraft, Allen & Heath or Yamaha.

I think your judgement of Personus support might be a little harsh.  You have already established that the problem is with your laptop not the Personus.  I don't think you can really expect Personus to supply tech support for your laptop.  Their suggestion to reformat and re-install the O.S. is probably the best advice!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »

Formatting the disk and re-installing the OS, regardless of platform, is advice given by tech support people who are clueless. There should seldom if ever be a time when the OS can't be repaired or that applications can't be removed and installed properly. Any OS can become corrupt, any OS may require an update, any application can require a patch. It is always up to the support person to differentiate between a problem with the OS and application.

If the software manufacturer finds the OS to be an issue then they should have recommended an upgrade path or patch to resolve the issue. If the software manufacture finds that their software has a bug then the manufacturer should provide the patch.

Your best approach to issues of this type is to insure that the hardware firmware is at the latest revision and that any OS or program patches are installed. By completing these tasks prior to calling the support group you have eliminated a number possible issues and provided support with a baseline from which they can work.

If there is ever a time a support group states you must re-format your drives and re-install the OS, applications and data, your first step should be to ask for second level support or their manager.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

Whoops, deleted my post after you responded.  Sorry!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:04:22 PM by Chuck Simon »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »

Read what I said. If it's CONFIRMED the laptop is the issue, the OS is patched, and the app is at the latest rev you are correct, then Presonus support is done. However, I may agree to an in place upgrade, but never to a format unless the OS is totally lost or an unprotected disk (no RAID or RAID 0) has failed.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »

I think we pretty much agree.  That's why I deleted my post, apparently while you were responding.  I apologize.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »

No need to apologize. There's a difference between a discussion and a pissing contest.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.