Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

More Bill Hanley vertical array technology

<< < (2/3) > >>

Irwan Prasetyo:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on May 29, 2012, 03:11:41 PM ---Rolling Stones @ Madison Square Garden, 27 November 1969
Technology by Bill Hanley, photo courtesy of David Scheirman

--- End quote ---

Is it first line array??

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Irwan Prasetyo on November 30, 2012, 09:49:03 PM ---Is it first line array??

--- End quote ---
Depends on what you call a "line array".

Olsen described line arrays (and the problems they would have) many years before that.  And "column speakers" had been around for many years as well.

Irwan Prasetyo:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on November 30, 2012, 10:21:35 PM ---Depends on what you call a "line array".

Olsen described line arrays (and the problems they would have) many years before that.  And "column speakers" had been around for many years as well.

--- End quote ---

I mean broadband line source array.
Because from what i know, LAcoustic was the first implemented broadband line source array.Though it's not really broadband.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Irwan Prasetyo on December 01, 2012, 03:17:16 AM ---I mean broadband line source array.
Because from what i know, LAcoustic was the first implemented broadband line source array.Though it's not really broadband.

--- End quote ---
It also depends on how you want to determine that.

It was very common practice to do what was called "stack and splay"  Where the horns would be stacked and slightly turned for  coverage.  Sometimes the mids.

But if you are talking about simply stacking full range cabinets on top of each other-that is a different thing.

Where the current "line array" theory comes into play is where Christian Heil was actually addressing the interactions between elements and boxes-spacing etc.

That is something that very few earlier had considered-in a vertical setup.

So as usual-it depends on exactly what you mean.

Jim Baron:
So are these boxes still a mystery?   And was that four-box array supplemented by any others in the arena?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version