ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay Speaker Towers: 1973 Watkins Glen Festival (New York) – 600,000 on site  (Read 25332 times)

Gary Green

Doug,

Thanks.  Great memories from that show...I spent a few days 100' off the deck wondering how they got the musical notes to fly out of the speakers. 40 years into my career I still can't do it like that :)
The Band was also on the bill.

PT
adding to the fun....I have a handful of these unseen except by me and  a few friends. Would love to see what every one else has of this festival or any other in the Northeast during the 70s..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:18:23 PM by Gary Green »

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Paul, that was the window pane making the notes fly out of the speakers.  ;)
Flying out or "floating out" in circles?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Robert Patch

Flying out or "floating out" in circles?

Sounds like the voice of experience!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Sounds like the voice of experience!
No-but I have seen some SERIOUSLY messed up people on "window pane" and "locker room".

At my first punk gig (Black Market  Baby), my "body guard" had to almost break the legs of a guy who would not stop coming-show was so messed up.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Brent Gillespie

No-but I have seen some SERIOUSLY messed up people on "window pane" and "locker room".

At my first punk gig (Black Market  Baby), my "body guard" had to almost break the legs of a guy who would not stop coming-show was so messed up.

Ivan,    was  "Locker Room"    amyl nitrate  ?   I seem to recall  that stuff  when I was in junior high in the 70's.    Brent

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Ivan,    was  "Locker Room"    amyl nitrate  ?   I seem to recall  that stuff  when I was in junior high in the 70's.    Brent

Party juice for a street samba during Carnival.

Vasodilator once used to treat angina pectoris.

Take your pick.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Yep

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand

Party juice for a street samba during Carnival.

Vasodilator once used to treat angina pectoris.

Take your pick.

Also used as an antidote for cyanide poisoning, if you are fast enough.............

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions

Photo supplied by David Scheirman.

Headliners were Grateful Dead and The Allman Brothers, co-headlining.
On site support by Clair Bros. Audio, Lititz PA and Carlo Sound, Nashville TN.

Aside from all the talk about the dog, how did they delay the audio back then?  Was it a tape loop?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Was it a tape loop?
Tape loop was one way-and long before tape existed-they used a small speaker in a long coiled tube (the length of time needed for the delay) with a mic in the end.  The idea being that in a plane wave tube there is no loss and then the mic would go to the delay speakers.

Not quite as easy as punching in a number these days.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Delay Speaker Towers: 1973 Watkins Glen Festival (New York) – 600,000 on site
ยซ Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 07:26:09 PM ยป

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.