ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clair Bros. Audio – first S-4 system (Rod Stewart & Faces in Hong Kong 1974)  (Read 9964 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA

Photo courtesy of Bruce Jackson, supplied by David Scheirman.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ignacio sanchez

amazing 4 by side right

nice idea this part of forum all the people need to know what happened before on the sound world

Douglas R. Allen

Photo courtesy of Bruce Jackson, supplied by David Scheirman.

Nice system. I just wonder how long the people stayed sitting in all those chairs? The setup time for the chairs alone must have been more than the PA setup time.

Douglas R. Allen

Tom Banks

Nice system. I just wonder how long the people stayed sitting in all those chairs? The setup time for the chairs alone must have been more than the PA setup time.

Douglas R. Allen

I can tell you that they got up pretty quickly, as I was there..... but sat down not too long after and stood on the floor.  The chairs were metal fold-up chairs that were nailed in rows of four or five to planks of wood at the front legs and back legs.  After the first song we all got up, but there was a big surge and we all nearly fell off.

Great gig though.  Great to see this picture.  I also used to play soccer for this club from 1977 to 1989.

Tom

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights

I can tell you that they got up pretty quickly, as I was there..... but sat down not too long after and stood on the floor.  The chairs were metal fold-up chairs that were nailed in rows of four or five to planks of wood at the front legs and back legs.  After the first song we all got up, but there was a big surge and we all nearly fell off.

Great gig though.  Great to see this picture.  I also used to play soccer for this club from 1977 to 1989.

Tom

Solotech in Montreal, CA use to have a bunch of these. We use to rent them for our annual college party... 16 boxes, dance floor in the middle for about 1500 peeps. What a blast ! its was really good for 2 reasons, space delimitation and power ! The legendary S4. I think Solo and other still have some in their back shop... no later than 4 years ago, I saw some in a medium rock festival out here !

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT

I also used to play soccer for this club from 1977 to 1989.

The whole thread is interesting but I find this as cool as any of it.
Ryan Davis

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Clair Bros. Audio – first S-4 system (Rod Stewart & Faces in Hong Kong 1974)
ยซ Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:18 AM ยป

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.