ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice on zone mixers  (Read 4949 times)

Nick Bair

Need advice on zone mixers
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »

Hey, folks.

I've got a church installation with three separate zones. In each zone I want the ability to quickly switch between one of two inputs: 1) FOH Mix and 2) BGM from an iPod. These switches need to be controlled from FOH, and because the switches occur during busy cue times, I would like to be able to toggle inputs for each zone at the push of a button.

So I'm looking for a zone mixer with at least 2 inputs, at least 3 outputs, and a quick pushbutton toggle between inputs, separate for each zone. It would be even better if it were MIDI-controlled. Any ideas?

P.S. The zone mixer will feed BGM even when the FOH rack is turned off, so I want something relatively low-power that can run 24/7.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Need advice on zone mixers
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

Hey, folks.

I've got a church installation with three separate zones. In each zone I want the ability to quickly switch between one of two inputs: 1) FOH Mix and 2) BGM from an iPod. These switches need to be controlled from FOH, and because the switches occur during busy cue times, I would like to be able to toggle inputs for each zone at the push of a button.

So I'm looking for a zone mixer with at least 2 inputs, at least 3 outputs, and a quick pushbutton toggle between inputs, separate for each zone. It would be even better if it were MIDI-controlled. Any ideas?

P.S. The zone mixer will feed BGM even when the FOH rack is turned off, so I want something relatively low-power that can run 24/7.

Rane.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Nick Bair

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »

Rane.

Hammer

I'm currently using a Rane SM 26 (an old one, with the phone-jack style power cord) which I bought on eBay for $50. Actually, one of the channels was bad when it arrived and the seller gave me a full refund and told me not to bother returning it. I cracked it open and replaced the 2 main op-amps and now it works like new.

Come to think of it, if I could get a couple of 2-in, 1-out mono switchers to use along with the Rane, that might do the trick. For what it is, I can probably just wire up a rotary switch in a plastic project box with some TS jacks.

Rick Doersch

• White Salmon, WA USA
    • Hidden Mountain Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »

I used one of these in a install. A lot of power for the money....rick

Austrailan Monitor ZRM4

http://www.australianmonitor.com.au/products/product/zrm4

Hey, folks.

DonSneed

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »

I just installed a Samson S-Zone mixer,  a 4-zone output, 4-mic/line input....I wanted the Australian Monitor but is out of stock until June 2012, The Samson work great, can send any input to any output, Plus it has a built on monitor speaker to monitor any output...nice !!! I was impress with the unit & price....

Clark Johnson

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

I just installed a Samson S-Zone mixer,  a 4-zone output, 4-mic/line input....I wanted the Australian Monitor but is out of stock until June 2012, The Samson work great, can send any input to any output, Plus it has a built on monitor speaker to monitor any output...nice !!! I was impress with the unit & price....

I just bought and installed one last week.  Got it from professional broadcast supply for much cheaper than anywhere else.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »

All of the major fixed install product manufacturers have zone mixer offerings. Perhaps let your fingers do some walking (research).

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »

DBX ZonePro 640.

What's nice about this is it has presets that you could quickly jump to that would set all of your zones at the same time. 4 channel out with I think 6 inputs (2 of which are balanced) Only 1RU and good on power.

http://www.dbxpro.com/640/index.php
Ryan Davis

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.