ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Oldest Piece of Equipment Still in Service?  (Read 48628 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Oldest Piece of Equipment Still in Service?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »

Lexicon PCM 60, Symetrix SX201 parametric, Various mics from the 70's and 80's like EV RE's and PL's, Sennheiser 421, 441, 409.

Gary Weller

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »

Peavey CS400 from 1981, still being used for 2 practice room wedges. Yamaha REV5 with remote. An 80's SM58. Two Carver PM1200's running 4 monitor mixes four to 8 times a month. And one of the old Yamaha boat anchor 27 band mono EQ's. Think it still works fine, but weighs a ton.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »

The JBL 2" compression drivers in my Rat Trap 5 boxes are JBL 2440 & 2441s. I believe the 2440 dates back to the mid to late 70s with the 2441 back to the early 80s. Same drivers really that just shipped with a different stock diaphragm. I used the Radian replacements so it doesn't really matter.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »

And one of the old Yamaha boat anchor 27 band mono EQ's. Think it still works fine, but weighs a ton.
that'd be the venerable Q1027.  it'll make sound forever.  but don't ever do any SMAART measurements on it.  it will make you very sad...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:58:44 AM »

We have JBL E-series speakers in some Ohmbrew wedges.  They came from Charlie Daniels or Marshall Tucker as "ready to recone."  The "youngest" one is 30 years old.  I think we're soon selling the speakers and recycling the plywood.  We've got our "pSeudo-4" speakers that date back to the Garth Brooks era and they go out on the rodeos and lower budget gigs.  Lots of Crest *001 to power them, too.

Personally, in my old FX rack I have a PCM-60 (v1) and LXP-15 (v1.1), and an ADA Stereo Tapped Delay that I haven't listened to in years (it's analog!).

The oldest and most frequently used items, though, are in my microphone collection.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

eric wong

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »

Ashly XR2001 analog crossover. It's been with me since my first PA system from 1995 or so when I was in high school. Of course it doesn't do the digital stuff of today's gear but for my needs it works great.

I also have a Crown MA5000VZ I got about 10 years ago, it's probably every bit of 20 years old but still kicking.

Chuck Fudge

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »

BGW 250, 500, and 750's.

John Onsrud

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »

It took some head scratching, but I think I remember now:  A JBL 2441 driver in the top of my drum monitor.

I had a racked pair of dbx 160VUs that had a long run too, but they were quickly "retired" when a guy in Florida offered me $1200 cash for it.

Not used to make $ in many years, but the first "pro" amp I ever bought, a Crown DC300 (Bakelite knobs and the fusepanel-coverplate on front, s.n. A808) is in my son's bedroom driving a pair of Large Advent Walnuts.  I bought it (beat-up and not working) from Jack Bouchard, the "caretaker" of Dickey Betts' Love Valley, NC cabin, around 1980, for 150 bucks.  He said It had been pulled from a monitor rig when it died.  A trip back to Crown brought it back to life for another $145 or so, and it's still thumping strong.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 07:27:05 AM »

'65 Bandmaster and Showman Fender amps, although I bought them in this decade.
'57 and '58 I bought back in '86 for my college band, still working great. Still also have the sweet blue and green electrical tape on them to tell them apart.
I have a circa-1981 Rat Shack PZM mic that I used to use for recording drums on a 4-track cassette machine back in the 90's... hang it on the wall in the bar behind the drums, and mix the SM58 vocal mics to taste.

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »

QSC 3500 & 3800 amps. Several amps have an inspected by sticker inside with a november 1982 date stamped on it.

+1 on the QSC.  I have a 3500 I use for SOS gigs where I don't want any fan noise (passive cooling can be a good thing).  Previous owner: Jimmie Swaggart Ministries.

From 1980: Shure PE588, for when I need a good Hi-Z mic without messing with impedance transformers.  Sounds great after all these years.
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.