ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Oldest Piece of Equipment Still in Service?  (Read 48615 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Oldest Piece of Equipment Still in Service?
« on: May 28, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »

What is the record here for the oldest piece of equipment still earning money for you?  Not counting mics and cables, for me it is my A&H GL-2 bought in 1995 and my Carver PM900 bought in 1993.  The GL-2 has been seviced once to re-solder loose connections and the Carver has never seen service.  Both are still going strong and earning me money on smaller jobs and are still as good or better than many new products. I thought it might be interesting to see what is the oldest piece of equipment being used by some of you?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Oldest Piece of Equipment Still in Service?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

What is the record here for the oldest piece of equipment still earning money for you?  Not counting mics and cables, for me it is my A&H GL-2 bought in 1995 and my Carver PM900 bought in 1993.  The GL-2 has been seviced once to re-solder loose connections and the Carver has never seen service.  Both are still going strong and earning me money on smaller jobs and are still as good or better than many new products. I thought it might be interesting to see what is the oldest piece of equipment being used by some of you?
I have a fair number of pieces of test gear that is from the 80's and 90's that still works.

Not exactly "earning me money-but still part of the job-so maybe that doesn't count
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »

What is the record here for the oldest piece of equipment still earning money for you? ...I thought it might be interesting to see what is the oldest piece of equipment being used by some of you?
I have a Klark Teknik DN405 Parametric EQ from 1988 that I routinely use.  It was acting funky for a while, but I found out my wiring needed to be changed…since then, no issues.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

duane massey

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »

Me....
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Nick Enright

• Detroit, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »

AB Systems mono-three way amplifiers, 2 of em.. they routinely get used for bar gigs.

my big system has TAD drivers in it, I dont know how old they are but they are about the same age as the amps.
1984/5
Nick Enright
Owner / Engineer
Lyve Productions
Detroit, MI

Lance Richens

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

I've got one of the very first 3rd rack space alesis microverb's. Still works like a champ.....
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Doug Maye

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »

While they are not used on a regular basis.....when I do small street festival type work I've been known to throw a pair of Klipsch LaScala'a on stage as side fills. I sold them to a local bar back around 1980, and found them sitting in a warehouse. Paid $700 for the set and replaced the diaphrams in the mid horns. Run off a PLX 1202 they will scream with a whopping 200 WPC. They are something like 105 db at 1watt/1 meter. Funny you mention Carver, I used to run these off a M-500.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:05:16 PM by Doug Maye »

Kenny Deal

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 02:08:05 PM »

I've got one of the very first 3rd rack space alesis microverb's. Still works like a champ.....
I would have seconded that a month ago but mine gave up the ghost at a gig last month. Been just using the onboard FX with my mixwiz until I figure out what to replace it with.
Right now the oldest piece of gear I own that I still use regularly is my JBL Eon 15. I don't know what year it is but I bought it late 90's used. I had the horn rebuild once in all this time and that was due to some drunk asshole spilling something in it. I now use it for the drummer monitor. I used it last night.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

Me....

Me, too.

As far as gear goes, I have two AT Pro4 mics I bought new about 30 years ago.  Still work just fine.  A few random pre-amps which occasionally come out to boost the signal of some low-output pickup to a usable level.  Also from the '70's.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

A couple of Hammonds and a Rhodes.
This space for rent

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.