ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha File Converter - HELP!  (Read 5146 times)

Andy Frost

Yamaha File Converter - HELP!
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:04:32 am »

I'm doing some shows coming up where I'll be moving from a PM5D-RH to M7CL-48 to an LS9-32 (can you tell the budget is getting smaller?). Using Studio Manager, I've created a scene, input patch and output patch library files for the PM5D to start out. No problem there.

I'm having trouble with Yamaha's File Converter. I load in the scene I created for the PM5D and convert it to an M7CL file. The converter spits out a new file just fine. When I try to load the M7CL scene though, I get an error saying, "Different Kinds of Data!". I quick made an M7CL scene and converted it to an LS9 scene, same error when loading the LS9 scene.

I've reviewed the requirements for the File Converter. All Studio Manager software is up to date and meets the listed requirements. Am I not supposed to convert the scene file? Its the only file type the converter will accept. I also have the .YSE file for the PM5D scene I created but not sure if that does me any good.

Any ideas? Any info would be much appreciated.

Flemming Clausen

Re: Yamaha File Converter - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:05 am »

Scene files and console files (or session files in some documents) are different formats, allthougt they have same extension (.L9A  .M7C).
Error message 'Different kinds of data' is shown if you try to load the wrong type. ie. try to open a scene file from File/Open session or if you select a console file from scene memory window 'Open'

Andy Frost

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

I solved this issue with the help of another member a few days ago. Not sure why all the replies on the thread were deleted... Thanks for your response though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.