ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would 4 QSC Kw152/153 & 2 QSC Kw181 sub be enough for a 500ppl wedding gig?  (Read 18593 times)

Khuong Tran

I currently have a pair of Qsc k12 and 1 Qsc kw181 sub that i use for small wedding venues, i have a big wedding coming up end of year and need to to get abit more gear for it. I prefer Qsc as because i already have the Qsc k12 and kw181. Would it be enough or good to use 4 kw152 or kw153 and 2 kw181 sub FOH and my k12 as monitors?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

I currently have a pair of Qsc k12 and 1 Qsc kw181 sub that i use for small wedding venues, i have a big wedding coming up end of year and need to to get abit more gear for it. I prefer Qsc as because i already have the Qsc k12 and kw181. Would it be enough or good to use 4 kw152 or kw153 and 2 kw181 sub FOH and my k12 as monitors?
Well, first it helps to know what you are doing at the wedding. DJ? Thrash metal? EDM? Country? It makes a difference.

Secondly, I would probably roll with 2 181's and a pair of k12's. It makes a good PA, and all you really need to cover is the dance floor anyway, so even if there were 1000 people there you would likely be OK with this combo. The first thing I always hear at weddings is "it's too loud, turn it down so we can talk".

If you really need to spend some money I would like to see 4 KW181's and 2 KW153's. Stack the subs up tall and put the 153's on top and that would be a rocking little PA.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Khuong Tran

Well, first it helps to know what you are doing at the wedding. DJ? Thrash metal? EDM? Country? It makes a difference.

Thanx Tim for the advice.
I mainly do alot of karaoke for asian wedding, so most of time ppl are singing from HQ dvd karaoke music, ppl sing lots of varieties at wedding. At the end of the night i play r&b and techno,dance music for about 45min for the guest to dance. I havent yet done any live band setup as i'm scared that my gear is not enough. So would pair of qsc kw153 and pair kw181 sub be plenty for this? The k12 can be monitors if needed..sorry i'm still abit new to this, so i'm still learning.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:43:30 PM by Mac Kerr »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth

I mainly do alot of karaoke for asian wedding, so most of time ppl are singing from HQ dvd karaoke music, ppl sing lots of varieties at wedding. At the end of the night i play r&b and techno,dance music for about 45min for the guest to dance. I havent yet done any live band setup as i'm scared that my gear is not enough. So would pair of qsc kw153 and pair kw181 sub be plenty for this? The k12 can be monitors if needed..sorry i'm still abit new to this, so i'm still learning.

Tim was absolutely correct with his recommendation of a pair of 153's on top of four 181's.  That will do the job for you quite well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:43:50 PM by Mac Kerr »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.

+1

If you need to save cash now, you could just do 2 KW181 and buy 2 more later if you really determine you need more.

Khuong Tran

Thanks heaps for all the advice.
I think i'll buy a pair of kw153 and another sub for now and test it out n see how things go.
Thanks guyz.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA

Tim was absolutely correct with his recommendation of a pair of 153's on top of four 181's.  That will do the job for you quite well.

I agree as well. The key to a successful wedding gig is to insure you cover the dance floor with music the guests can feel. Those same guests will have to be able to talk when they get back to their tables, as has already been pointed out.

I have found 90-100db on the dance floor usually works out to be just right for everyone.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

BrettKeller

I do loud wedding bands (approx. 10 pieces) with 2x KW181's and 2x HPR122 all the time with no problem. I use k10s for wedges. I actually would like to use K12's in place of the HPR's for the weight savings. When it starts to get really loud at the end of he night, the limiter on the main outs of the board starts to work a bit but it still sounds good.

Scott Bolt

IMHO you would be fine with another KW181 and the K12's.

Jim King

• SSR Sound

I find that a pair of KW181 keeps up with a pair of KW153 just fine. Doubling up on subs is always nice, but probably not necessary for this sort of gig.

I send that exact setup out to weddings all the time, and its always plenty of sound.
Jim King
SSR Sound, Los Angeles CA
http://ssrrentals.com

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

I recently started handling more and more wedding shows and I have to say they are unique.

The band/entertainment volume should be focused on the dance floor but at the same time your PA should be capable of throwing a speech over the entire room so that everyone can hear it.

I’ve been using QRx212 (1 per side) for the wedding; the biggest I’ve has was 400 people in a 100’x125’ room; tables set on the perimeter.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Would 4 QSC Kw152/153 & 2 QSC Kw181 sub be enough for a 500ppl wedding gig?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.513 seconds with 22 queries.