ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Manager channel copy?  (Read 4032 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Studio Manager channel copy?
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:29:57 pm »

Ok, must be a senior moment... I hate that.

I am moving some channels for an upcoming gig. I want to copy them to the new locations so the EQ and Dynamics are preserved. The desk is packed so I can't use it (that I remember how to do).

How can I do this in SM?

Oh, in case it matters, this is the LS9 editor.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Studio Manager channel copy?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:02:43 pm »

I am moving some channels for an upcoming gig. I want to copy them to the new locations so the EQ and Dynamics are preserved. The desk is packed so I can't use it (that I remember how to do).

How can I do this in SM?

actually, i think it's as simple as hitting the 'select' button on the channel you want to copy from, hitting command-C [or whatever it is on a windows machine] to copy, and then hitting the 'select' button for the channel you want to copy too, and hitting command-V.  i.e., standard copy and paste.  at least that's the way it on for the 01v96i.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 05:17:15 pm »

actually, i think it's as simple as hitting the 'select' button on the channel you want to copy from, hitting command-C [or whatever it is on a windows machine] to copy, and then hitting the 'select' button for the channel you want to copy too, and hitting command-V.  i.e., standard copy and paste.  at least that's the way it on for the 01v96i.

I'll have to try, but I seem to recall reading a Yamaha Q&A suggesting one pairs channels and then release them to comp/paste.  Very cumbersome if at all helpful.  Unsure what models this applied to, also.

I'm hoping your method works for any Yamaha mixer, thanks for sharing!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »

How can I do this in SM?

I think the way Brian discusses works on the M7, but not the LS/9.  I only use an LS/9 a couple times a year and don't typically have to copy or move channels but I did so a couple weeks ago.  The EQ didn't copy over.  Save the EQ and dynamics as Library entries first and recall them in the pasted channel.  I'm on a LS/9 for the next 3 days and will experiment.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 08:30:52 pm »

I think the way Brian discusses works on the M7, but not the LS/9.

Just tried it with the current version of SM for the LS9, and it doesn't work that way  :( .

GTD

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:54 pm »

Just tried it with the current version of SM for the LS9, and it doesn't work that way  :( .

GTD

yep, unfortunately you're right.  just tried it myself.  works great with the 01v96i, but no love with the ls9.  this makes me sad... 
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:54 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.