ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uplighting suggestion  (Read 3918 times)

Steve Remos

Uplighting suggestion
« on: May 16, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »

I'm looking to buy some uplighting fixtures for a large room with a ceiling of about 15'-20'. Can someone suggest some fixtures (LED) that would work well for this height. Is there a certain target spec I should be looking for for this?

Thanks!

Jamie Chappa

• Arsenic Promotion and Production
Re: Uplighting suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »

Always been a fan of Blizzard pucks

DanGlass

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »

One factor to consider is wether or not you will have any additional ambient lighting in the room like chandeliers or wall sconces.  Obviously the brighter the fixture is the farther up it will travel and also the better saturation of color you will have.  I personally have used fixtures with 10mm LED's, 1 watt LED's, and 3 watt LED's.  I would recommend using the 1 watt LED version to give you even coverage all the way.  The only challenge to watch out for is if you have a fixture that has separate red, green, and blue LED's when you put the light under an object on the wall, like a wall sconce, you will end up with a different color shadow becaus ethe light will block some of the color.  I now only use fixtures with Tri color LED's to avoid the issue, it's not perfect but it is close enough to it. 

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

Blizzard Pucks fit the bill. I would go for puck3 or puckq6's due to the color mixing mentioned above. The standard pucks with 10mm leds will hit your height requirements, but I can tell you that you'll wish you had the pucks that color mix behind the lens. Shoot me an e-mail for a quote- I'd be happy to help you. I'm a blizzard dealer. [email protected]

Brad Majors

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

I dig the Pucks but if you want more power go with Puck Q12As or equivalent. Lots of people like pastels, especially amber. My experience with 3 in one diodes is that they still make a streaky, splotchy beam when color mixing.

http://www.djcraig.net/weddinglighting

Steve (Stevie Ray) Kalbach

• Steve Kalbach
    • Stevie Ray Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »

Here are some picks of the 10mm Puck Unplugged's in a room ceiling is 30 feet high.

Stephen (Stevie Ray) Kalbach
Owner Stevie Ray Entertainment
http://www.stevierayentertainment.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.