ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community XLT55 question?  (Read 3236 times)

David Walmsley

Community XLT55 question?
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

My band just came into 2 of these subs. I noticed there is a full range output? Can full range mains be connected? Therefore being able to run a single amp to power the mains and subs?

duane massey

Re: Community XLT55 question?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »

Simple answer is "yes". Not the best way to do it if you really want the most out of your system. Read this for more info:
http://www.communitypro.com/files/literature/manuals/discontinued/xlmanual.pdf?phpMyAdmin=c9cc5b3953d87385dc22218d669e7aab
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

David Walmsley

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »

Simple answer is "yes". Not the best way to do it if you really want the most out of your system. Read this for more info:
http://www.communitypro.com/files/literature/manuals/discontinued/xlmanual.pdf?phpMyAdmin=c9cc5b3953d87385dc22218d669e7aab
Thanks for the reply. Most likely not going to run it that way but just want to weigh my options in case an amp goes down.

Matt Long

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:43:04 PM »

a word of caution,
in my experience these do not offer much low extension.
I expect your band may not need it so you'll be  ok but I haven't had any luck finding replacement drivers for these. They are a ferro-fluid type 15" and if anyone know where recones or replacements can be found I know people who would like to know. I blew mine the first time I heard my friend Jasper pay under his current DJ name, NastyNasty. So I gave them away to another friend who had xlt43s.

-Matt Long
San Francisco, CA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:43:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.