ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer Setup  (Read 15870 times)

Rob Gow

Re: Trailer Setup
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

Don't forget to weigh it. You will be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True:

Mixer: 80lbs
StudioLive 24.4.2 Digital Mixer/case: 80lbs

Speakers: 710lbs
2 - Yorkville Unity: 160lbs
2 - Yorkville LS800: 300lbs
2 - Yorkville YX 15: 90lbd
4 - Yorkville YX12: 160lbs

Power Amps: 120lbs
2 - Peavey IPR3000 amp
3 - Peavey IPR1600 amps

A 100' 24X8 EWI Multicore Audio Snake: 40lbs

Mic stands: 30lbs (est)
Cords 100lbs (est)
Misc: mics, toolbox etc: 30lbs (est)

Total: 1130lbs

Trailer has a 3500lb axle, and a 2600lb payload capacity. I might do the math to figure out what weight is where. Like I said, I might move the U15's behind the LS800p's to distribute the weight a bit better....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:53:38 PM by Rob Gow »

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »

True:

Mixer: 80lbs
StudioLive 24.4.2 Digital Mixer/case: 80lbs

Speakers: 710lbs
2 - Yorkville Unity: 160lbs
2 - Yorkville LS800: 300lbs
2 - Yorkville YX 15: 90lbd
4 - Yorkville YX12: 160lbs

Power Amps: 120lbs
2 - Peavey IPR3000 amp
3 - Peavey IPR1600 amps

A 100' 24X8 EWI Multicore Audio Snake: 40lbs

Mic stands: 30lbs (est)
Cords 100lbs (est)
Misc: mics, toolbox etc: 30lbs (est)

Total: 1130lbs

Trailer has a 3500lb axle, and a 2600lb payload capacity. I might do the math to figure out what weight is where. Like I said, I might move the U15's behind the LS800p's to distribute the weight a bit better....

Rob
I can not Thank You Enough for letting me see how you move your equipment. My trailer is a little smaller 5x8. I also noticed the back light on the trailer nice touch. I also ordered mine with back light and the side door and extra lights inside along with the trailer stands that fold down when not hooked to a vehicle, so it wont pop the front up. The Tracking is really something I never would of thought of.
Saves time and your Back to add a Trailer.
By the Way what Brand Trailer is that?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:54:27 PM by Brian Charbobs »
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

Rob Gow

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

Rob
I can not Thank You Enough for letting me see how you move your equipment. My trailer is a little smaller 5x8. I also noticed the back light on the trailer nice touch. I also ordered mine with back light and the side door and extra lights inside along with the trailer stands that fold down when not hooked to a vehicle, so it wont pop the front up. The Tracking is really something I never would of thought of.
Saves time and your Back to add a Trailer.
By the Way what Brand Trailer is that?

It's made by MTI in the USA. I have the rear jacks as well. Haven't used them yet. When it's in my garage I can't drop the rear door, so it's attached to the truck if I have to pull it ahead.  That little door gap plate is a welcomed option as well!

I honestly probably could have gotten away with a 5x8,I think, with the right truck pack. Everything in the trailer will fit into my Dodge Dakota. My light truss for our band is in 10' sections. I wanted to be able to haul them inside, so a 10' looked like a better match.

I was talking to the dealer, and asked about a V-Nose, and it was a $200 option. But then he said "you know, for the same $200, you could get a 12' trailer instead of a 10'" sp I thought ah what the heck, might as well get a little room to grow, so I went with that!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:23:27 PM by Rob Gow »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »

It's made by MTI in the USA. I have the rear jacks as well. Haven't used them yet. When it's in my garage I can't drop the rear door, so it's attached to the truck if I have to pull it ahead.  That little door gap plate is a welcomed option as well!

I honestly probably could have gotten away with a 5x8,I think, with the right truck pack. Everything in the trailer will fit into my Dodge Dakota. My light truss for our band is in 10' sections. I wanted to be able to haul them inside, so a 10' looked like a better match.

I was talking to the dealer, and asked about a V-Nose, and it was a $200 option. But then he said "you know, for the same $200, you could get a 12' trailer instead of a 10'" sp I thought ah what the heck, might as well get a little room to grow, so I went with that!

Here are a couple of pics showing my partial and full loaded trailer.

The first shows how I strap stuff to the side leaving an isle up the middle. I fill the middle with cable cases (EWI C004 type) and the ramp and a ladder with the wedges on the back.

The second shows us leaving a weekend festival ready to close the doors.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Rob Gow

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »

Here are a couple of pics showing my partial and full loaded trailer.

The first shows how I strap stuff to the side leaving an isle up the middle. I fill the middle with cable cases (EWI C004 type) and the ramp and a ladder with the wedges on the back.

The second shows us leaving a weekend festival ready to close the doors.

A place for everything, and everything in its place! 

Nice!!

Timothy J. Trace

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46:15 AM »

Nice trailer, David.  I've had my own band in St. Louis for ... a while now.  Maybe our paths will cross sometime.  http://facebook.com/dorothy314
-----------
Post count...whaaaaa? I ain't no newb. Search for my name in the LAB Archives.  :)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »

I also noticed the back light on the trailer nice touch. I also ordered mine with back light...

I don't have a trailer yet, but I mounted a 12V (cig-lighter style) outlet just inside the back door of my pickup canopy. I have a 12V/50W work light that comes in handy sometimes, and also it's a convenient place to plug in a 12V air compressor or other accessories when I use my pickup for other recreational activities (camping, beach, etc.). I will install one when I get a trailer, too.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Rob Gow

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »

I don't have a trailer yet, but I mounted a 12V (cig-lighter style) outlet just inside the back door of my pickup canopy. I have a 12V/50W work light that comes in handy sometimes, and also it's a convenient place to plug in a 12V air compressor or other accessories when I use my pickup for other recreational activities (camping, beach, etc.). I will install one when I get a trailer, too.

Nice!!

Well the pack is getting better but it seems like there's too much tongue weight, so I'm going to put the U15's at the back and move the subs back a bit and see how that works out...

David Hayes

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »

Nice trailer, David.  I've had my own band in St. Louis for ... a while now.  Maybe our paths will cross sometime.  http://facebook.com/dorothy314

They very well could.  We have definitely played some of the same bars.  We play Fire & Ice again in July I think.

I have heard of your band.  I think I saw a sticker on a car when I was driving down 270.  I think maybe I heard about a Pops show on the point too?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.