ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VENUE SC48 / PT 10.0.1  (Read 4169 times)

Al Rettich

VENUE SC48 / PT 10.0.1
« on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »

My SC48 shows the firewire being 32 channels. I've installed the updater to my mac, but it still shows 18 channels. I'm using a MacBook Pro "Santa Rosa", recording to a 7200RPM drive. I can do a test 18 channel record and it works. I'm just having issues getting the mac to see all 32 channels.

Al Rettich

Re: VENUE SC48 / PT 10.0.1
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »

Update: finally got the SC48 to see the driver. The driver for the computer installed. If I go to the midi controller you can see it. Also under ProTools you can patch up to 32.

The problem I'm having now is this.
When you create a new session it still only shows a 18 channel record or virtual Soundcheck.. When you add additional tracks the interface only shows up to 18 tracks.

I'm still unable to get the venue link to work. Not able to find paperwork on the venue link..

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »

Update: finally got the SC48 to see the driver. The driver for the computer installed. If I go to the midi controller you can see it. Also under ProTools you can patch up to 32.

The problem I'm having now is this.
When you create a new session it still only shows a 18 channel record or virtual Soundcheck.. When you add additional tracks the interface only shows up to 18 tracks.

I'm still unable to get the venue link to work. Not able to find paperwork on the venue link..

I think I saw something mentioned on the Digidesign user forum about needing the latest fire wire driver and I think even some other things updated for it to work. If you haven’t been over there you might want to search their post. Disclaimer: I have been using an SC48 but haven’t gotten around to the pro- tools part yet.

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

Kevin,
I've got the latest firewire drivers loaded. I can record / playback 32 tracks. What I am not able to get working is the Venue Link that is suppose to make a session file for you. It keeps wanting to make a 18 channel file instead of a 32. And ProTools sees the console, but the console doesn't see Pro Tools..

Kristo Kotkas

• Eventech
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

Kevin,
I've got the latest firewire drivers loaded. I can record / playback 32 tracks. What I am not able to get working is the Venue Link that is suppose to make a session file for you. It keeps wanting to make a 18 channel file instead of a 32. And ProTools sees the console, but the console doesn't see Pro Tools..

Check couple of things, on your SC48, on Patchbay page, under Pro Tools, do you see all 32 I-O available or are 19-32 grayed out? If so, you need to re-run the firmware updater for the console. I have done this for two desks, and both times it failed first, giving an instant message that "your firmware is up to date". I have managed to come up with a "hack" to get it going, first open up Pro Tools on the same computer (this forces the new 32 IO driver to actually activate) and only then try to run the firmware updater for your desk.

If this is not the issue, then another thing to check is if you have all inputs-outputs activated in Pro Tools. Find IO Setup in menus, first click Inputs and see if you have only 18 of 32 activated. If so, simplest way to go is to select all 1-18 and hit delete, after that click default, this will create you all 32 inputs. Do the same for Outputs and you should be good to go.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.