ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL5  (Read 42066 times)

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
Re: Yamaha CL5
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 02:41:14 AM »

yeah, actually i kept it as simple as possible.  all the BCR2000s use the Midi out [i.e. no usb].  a Midi Solutions 8x1 merge box combines them all.  output of the merge box just daisy chains through the 01v96s.  i used a custom midi controller table for each mixer that had the controls i needed, mostly volume and pan for the main mix and all the auxes, which are stereo paired.  since there are 16 midi channels, i kept the controller numbers the same for every mix [i.e. controller 1 was volume for channel 1, controller 2 for channel 2, etc.] and just had the midi channel correspond with the mix number.  used midi channel 16 for anything 'weird' i wanted to do.  plenty of controller numbers to go around.  then i just programmed the BCR2000 to match.  presets 1 - 15 on the BCR2000 correspond to the mixes.  so any remote can control ANY mix and all the BCR2000s are the same.  programmed one and then just copied it to all the others.  tedious, but not difficult.

i've been meaning to write up something on the rig.  i get asked about it a lot.  guess i'll move that higher up on my list.  :)  but yeah, i ended up with a rig that is very, very flexible and yet cost much less than any other Personal Mixing System i know of.

It looks like right now the 01v96s are going for $1500-$2000 on ebay. $175ish for each BCR2000.

Do you plug the inputs from the instruments straight into the 01v96s? Or do you use outputs from FOH?

If we had to rely on direct outs from FOH we'd be limited to roughly 15 inputs in each monitor mix.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 01:12:55 AM »

It looks like right now the 01v96s are going for $1500-$2000 on ebay. $175ish for each BCR2000.

Do you plug the inputs from the instruments straight into the 01v96s? Or do you use outputs from FOH?

If we had to rely on direct outs from FOH we'd be limited to roughly 15 inputs in each monitor mix.

we've got a full monitor split, so i've got all the inputs going into external mic pre's.  i use a 4th 01v96 as a drum sub mixer and talkback system mixer.  in all, i'm running about 40 inputs on stage, with room for more when needed.  4 01v96s and 10 or so BCR2000s might seem like a lot of gear, but i repurposed the mixers from some other tasks in the church and was able to replace them with 700 dollar 02rs i bought off ebay.  so effectively i was able to 'get' 01v96s for about 700 bucks.  still, even if you pay 1800 for the mixers and 175 for the remotes, you're looking at less than 9000 dollars for 15 stereo mixes with 40+ available inputs and remote control.  because of the gear i already had on hand, i've got less than 4K in the whole rig.  course, i've got another 4K in wireless IEM gear, but that's another story.  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Kyle Waters

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »

whew, Brian if you could do a write up on that rig i would be most interested.  Im not a big Yamaha fan, but i love o1V's, they are so functional. This is just another example

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »

whew, Brian if you could do a write up on that rig i would be most interested.  Im not a big Yamaha fan, but i love o1V's, they are so functional. This is just another example

+1 on a write up/diagram on that rig
+1.1 on the o1v I have other large consoles I prefer over yamaha but for the money on small consoles the o1v's 96 or not are great!
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »

bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Topic split - Link to 01V Monitor rig
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »

Brian posted a link to his monitor rig, but I split it off to a separate thread. It is located HERE.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Topic split - Link to 01V Monitor rig
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »

Brian posted a link to his monitor rig, but I split it off to a separate thread. It is located HERE.

Mac

thanks Mac.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

This is still a work in progress but here is a link to the comparison spreadsheet I'm working up.
Any comments or corrections are appreciated. Feel free to PM those to me to keep the clutter down on the thread and I'll update accordingly.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4xdg7-YAJRdEVSV3JvMVczR09rM2NLdjMxUXFfZVE
One correction: The Roland M-480 supports L/C/R.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.