ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Budgetary numbers  (Read 25991 times)

Thomas Lamb

Re: Budgetary numbers
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

If the outputs aren't on faders located together in the master section either I would need to be their every Sunday, which is impossible, or the dual isn't happening.

On most any current digital console you are going to have a "Page/layer" mentality on the master section example form a Venue
Aux 1-8
Aux 9-16
Group 1-8 or Aux 17-24 (switchable)
MAtrix 1-8
PQ 1-8 'stereo matrix" (it actually does a little more than that)
VCA 1-8
So if they all needed to be on master outputs they would be on either the group page or PQ or Matrix. However, Im kinda with MAC I don't mix on my maters much either. I heavily rely on my VCA's though. Once mu outputs are routed I would thing you could use 1 VCA for the Vocal PA master and one for The Band Master while still having access to the individual masters at the touch of one button.
T
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »

On most any current digital console you are going to have a "Page/layer" mentality on the master section example form a Venue
Aux 1-8
Aux 9-16
Group 1-8 or Aux 17-24 (switchable)
MAtrix 1-8
PQ 1-8 'stereo matrix" (it actually does a little more than that)
VCA 1-8
So if they all needed to be on master outputs they would be on either the group page or PQ or Matrix. However, Im kinda with MAC I don't mix on my maters much either. I heavily rely on my VCA's though. Once mu outputs are routed I would thing you could use 1 VCA for the Vocal PA master and one for The Band Master while still having access to the individual masters at the touch of one button.
T

I need to find somebody that really knows the Midas digital surfaces too much conflicting information about how they can be configured. I am quite certain the ridiculously expensive XL8 has sufficient master section faders and can be configured in exactly the manner necessary I just can't tell how far down in the line that capability extends without reading all the manuals. Maybe we will have to piece together a dual H1000 for now and wait for the XL8 to depreciate by 75% once Midas brings out the latest and greatest in a few years making the XL8 obsolete.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:53 PM »

I need to find somebody that really knows the Midas digital surfaces too much conflicting information about how they can be configured. I am quite certain the ridiculously expensive XL8 has sufficient master section faders and can be configured in exactly the manner necessary I just can't tell how far down in the line that capability extends without reading all the manuals. Maybe we will have to piece together a dual H1000 for now and wait for the XL8 to depreciate by 75% once Midas brings out the latest and greatest in a few years making the XL8 obsolete.

Maybe you can follow the advice you have given everyone else and find something on eBay. ;-)

The Midas XL8 has a center master section that has dedicated faders for all sends. AFAIK it is the only digital console that does, although maybe the StageTec Aurus does. The Pro3-6 have a 10 fader master fader bay that has layers to access all the mix masters, matrix masters and VCA masters, the Pro2 has an 8 fader master fader bay, as do most other digital consoles. If your requirement is all master faders available at all times the XL8 may be your only choice. It seems like a silly requirement to me, and another way for volunteers to really screw up the system.

Even an M7 has an 8 fader master bay that can control all mixes in banks of 8, as well as all inputs.

Mac

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »

The XL8 has abilities for surround sound! However, with it or the PRO3,6,9 or XL8 they still are not set up with a 6/7 fader (Mains LCR1 LCR2 Subs) master output section. Regardless of the console model I don't know of any (not even the SD7 Digico) where you are going to not have to use some type of group/matrix combination to do what you are trying to accomplish? How are you expecting to do this with a H1000 and 2 master sections? How will that route? Or are you going to use 2 separate consoles 1 for vox 1 for band. Are you opposed to using matrix or whats the deal?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:01:28 PM by Thomas Lamb »
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Are you opposed to using matrix or whats the deal?

Yes very much so.

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »

Yes very much so.

OK maybe its just me. But it seems like Mac and I are the only ones responding so maybe others don't quite understand. How are you doing it now? How would you propose doing it with 2 master sections? The more we understand the better suggestions we can give you.
bigTlamb

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »

OK maybe its just me. But it seems like Mac and I are the only ones responding so maybe others don't quite understand. How are you doing it now? How would you propose doing it with 2 master sections? The more we understand the better suggestions we can give you.

We have single LCR system now. I am proposing our next system be a dual LCR system. I am just trying to back of an envelope a console cost for the budget. If I was going to do it analog I would find another H1000, remove everything to the right of our current matrices, remove everything to the left of the groups/vcas on the additional console and bolt the two center sections together. This would give two complete discrete master sections each fed with their own set of 32 channels. The matrices in the center would become the "master matrix" with the other side fed in to it via the external inputs to make complete mixes for recording, ALS, etc. It would be almost 10 feet long and require two power supplies but would do the job.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

We have single LCR system now. I am proposing our next system be a dual LCR system. I am just trying to back of an envelope a console cost for the budget. If I was going to do it analog I would find another H1000, remove everything to the right of our current matrices, remove everything to the left of the groups/vcas on the additional console and bolt the two center sections together. This would give two complete discrete master sections each fed with their own set of 32 channels. The matrices in the center would become the "master matrix" with the other side fed in to it via the external inputs to make complete mixes for recording, ALS, etc. It would be almost 10 feet long and require two power supplies but would do the job.
And again you've said the What.  How about the Why?  Why aren't matricies good enough?

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding this. Basically you have 2 consoles in 1 frame and your combining matrices and you will also have to do this with aux send that are going to iems as well. Right?
bigTlamb

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

And again you've said the What.  How about the Why?  Why aren't matricies good enough?

I think he may not know how they work. What he seems to be proposing is most easily done with matrixes, but I'm done.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.