ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam dr680 for live tracks playback  (Read 8538 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Tascam dr680 for live tracks playback
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »

I was *this* close to the joeco player but then all the Aussie supplier had was a demo unit with an intermittent play button. The phone call I received telling me was funny.. "hey, I've got a unit here with a faulty play button, did you need it for play back or recording" ummm play back would be nice seeing as I'm paying for the blackbox PLAYER. Anyway...

So I just downloaded this app to my iPhone on a whim just to try it.. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time. I like this better than the joeco although I will miss the idea of stereo tracks and being able to separate the click and the cues to individual tracks for iem. It's more flexible and like you said, fall down simple. Easy as pie to change and create set lists.

Tomorrow night I'll get the iPad version and within ten minutes have a set ready. Better than the relatively complex way of creating setlists on the joeco that involves a computer to make any set changes.

So, thank you sir! You just saved me over $3k!

if you're going this route, you might also want to look at soundboard (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/soundboard-mac/ ).  i use it on my macbook pro but there is an iPad/iPhone version as well.  not sure if it has any features that would make it better for your use.  for me, it's ability to trigger sounds with midi enables me to use my existing midi pedal board to trigger loops when needed.  very handy.

i'm still looking for the app that'll playback multi tracks and still have all the ease of use and flexibility of an Instant Replay.  so if anyone has that one, let me know...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Tascam dr680 for live tracks playback
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.