ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: socapex Twofer?  (Read 5911 times)

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
socapex Twofer?
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »

I need a simple way to connect 2 prewired 6 circuit lamp bars with a male input socapex type connectors to a single female socapex cable end coming from the dimmer rack... Does anyone sell a "Twofer" connector with a single female to twin male connections? If not can someone build this for us?

The lamps are 575W, dimmers are 1200W per channel so this all works out with the loads no problem. Just need the connectors.

thanks for any leads.

Ray Cerwinski

Re: socapex Twofer?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

Like this?

http://www.lexproducts.com/cs/entertainment_product?id=462&market=Entertainment&productLineId=17&subCategoryId=89

Just a heads up, two 575 lamps is 1150w. Typically you'd want to try to stay at or under 80% of the total capacity of the dimmer, which would be 960w.
Ray Cerwinski

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

I need a simple way to connect 2 prewired 6 circuit lamp bars with a male input socapex type connectors to a single female socapex cable end coming from the dimmer rack... Does anyone sell a "Twofer" connector with a single female to twin male connections? If not can someone build this for us?

The lamps are 575W, dimmers are 1200W per channel so this all works out with the loads no problem. Just need the connectors.

thanks for any leads.

i'm fairly sure you just misspoke, but in the interest of safety, i think you mean a single male to two female twofer.  what you wrote would be a recipe for pain and/or death.

the unit that was linked to above will certainly work for you, but would require two more socapex cables to get to the light bars.  if you've got the cable lying about, then you're golden.  if not, it might be best to have someone build you something to length that suits your needs, or even put a feedthrough on your light bar(s) so you can just jump from one to the next. either solution is a simple build and i would suspect there would be someone here on the board who could point you in the right direction.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »

i'm fairly sure you just misspoke, but in the interest of safety, i think you mean a single male to two female twofer.  what you wrote would be a recipe for pain and/or death.

Yes you are correct. I need 2 female connectors and one male. The LEX would work but would require 2 more short cables with connectors on each end to get the job done. Jim @ampshop is quoting me a price for building exactly what I need. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

thanks.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 01:28:44 PM »

Yes you are correct. I need 2 female connectors and one male. The LEX would work but would require 2 more short cables with connectors on each end to get the job done. Jim @ampshop is quoting me a price for building exactly what I need. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

thanks.

As noted under the Features Benefits heading: "Optional multi-cable tails for input or outputs available"

We order them with 2' tails on the male.
Ray Cerwinski

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

It does exist..

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.